Playstation Plus

Anderson

Couldn't find a thread for this, don't know if it needs it's own thread, but why not eh?

Free 30 day trial for anyone here: http://www.dlcentral.co.uk/playstation-plus-30-day-free-trial/

Completely legit, just used my code there no bother. Expiry date is 31/12/13, so useful for anyone planning on getting a PS4 too.

Current games available for d/l can be found here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/your-instant-game-collection/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME

Couldn't find a thread for this, don't know if it needs it's own thread, but why not eh?

Free 30 day trial for anyone here: http://www.dlcentral.co.uk/playstation-plus-30-day-free-trial/

Completely legit, just used my code there no bother. Expiry date is 31/12/13, so useful for anyone planning on getting a PS4 too.

Current games available for d/l can be found here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/your-instant-game-collection/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME

Thanks for that... Will activate once i've finished Arkham City...

July content is pretty damn good -

Entering PS Plus in July:

3rd July: Battlefield 3 (PS3)

3rd July: Payday: The Heist (PS3)

3rd July: Saints Row the Third (PS3)

3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PS VITA)

3rd July: Unit 13 (PS VITA)

Guest Open_C

Aye, wish Ninja Gaiden had been PS3 though :anguish:  I wonder if Battlefield will be playable online or if you'll have to buy the online pass.

:lol: The idea of OpenC going online to play some Battlefield.

The idea of him actually being able to play online on the PS3 is funny. I can't do fucking anything online on that thing.

Guest Open_C

Clearly my interest was purely academic :lol:  I assumed that would go without saying.

The idea of him actually being able to play online on the PS3 is funny. I can't do fucking anything online on that thing.

Recently? Or always?

Recently? Or always?

It's always been a pile of shite, but in the last year or so it just constantly goes offline and is really slow. Might be just me, but the PSN is well known for being terrible.

Guest Open_C

Online works fine on the rare occasions that I've been moved to try it (fighters, Demon's/Dark Souls).  I've never understood the anguish of Xbox Live fans saying they can't get a connection or find a game, I never had any more or less drama on either of the systems :dontknow:  Except when PSN was fucked for a month, obv :lol:

I'd always assumed with this that once the month was up that was that for that month's games, but apparently as long as you've still got an active subscription you get to keep anything you've downloaded; is that right?

Guest Open_C

I'd always assumed with this that once the month was up that was that for that month's games, but apparently as long as you've still got an active subscription you get to keep anything you've downloaded; is that right?

That's right, aye :thup:  You can also delete them and re-download them at a later date.

I think you do for a few months, but they have an expiry date.

Guest Open_C

Do they?  None of mine have ever expired, I don't think..  The listed expiry dates are the dates that your sub is scheduled to end, I thought?  I think you keep them for good as long as you're paying your £11 a quarter.

Do they?  None of mine have ever expired, I don't think..  The listed expiry dates are the dates that your sub is scheduled to end, I thought?  I think you keep them for good as long as you're paying your £11 a quarter.

Dunno, I thought I seen something on the Playstation's Twitter or Facebook page telling people it was their last chance to play Sleeping Dogs last month. I thought it was on Plus earlier in the year there, so just assumed it was expiring. Could be wrong though.

Guest Open_C

They disappear from the store after a couple of months, sometimes feels like longer, but as long as you've downloaded them you keep them I think.

This is a good thread for a bunch of reasons, but mainly because i need to find out what the perks are as part of PS+ at the moment and going forward for the PS4.

I'm kinda hoping they will offer everything the Xbox does plus all the free game stuff for the PS4.

Playing the PS3 now, there's two things i don't like. 1. The Controller ( but apparently the PS4 one is getting rave reviews) 2. The user interface is ridiculously slow and not user friendly at all.

Hopefully when PSN+ being a requirement for PS4 they use the funds to make this type of experience better and maybe add some new stuff too.

Not to mention the lack of party chat ( dear god i miss that)

As long as you have active subscription you can play and redownload all the stuff in your download list without any limits. If you have a break with your subscription and re-subscribe you can play and download all your old games. Everyone should also remember to 'buy' the free Vita games on your PS3 as they stay in your download list too in case you decide to acquire that lovely piece of hardware in future.

Also echoing OpenC on the PSN multiplayer, never had any problems. Vita has a party chat so there should be no chance of it not coming to PS4.

If you have a 30 day subscription... You can download as much as you want and play it until your subscription ends... So if you have a yearly one everything lasts for a year... Nothing expires that you download... In fact nothing expires that you select... You can download anytime if you are struggling for space... So basically each month make sure you select what you want as if you miss them over their availability period that is the only way you miss out...

Have never used it myself but my mate reckons its the best thing since sliced bread... Even better if you have a Vita!

Any idea if my free trial will still be active from when PSN went kablooey a couple of years back as I never cashed it in.  I'd have a look but since I haven't had it on line in over a year there's no doubt a couple of gigs worth of updates waiting to download.