Are you getting a next gen console?

Decky

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought I'd make a poll and see what direction the games section is taking for the next gen stuff. Apologies if this has been done already, please merge if so.

Going for the PS4 myself. Then getting the XB1 at a later date.

Probs Xbone, was really thinking of investing in a some kind of mediacentre, and it will play all the games I want it to. I like Xbox live and thought the PS3 was a bit of a half arsed experience compared to the 360.

Guest palnese

Will most likely buy the new PS in a year, or so.

I'm also looking into buying a new PC. My laptop is canny enough, but I'd like a proper one for gaming.

(not fifa :yao: /Nobody)

Guest Open_C

Will get a PS4, but will be playing 3DS and probably Vita for a long time before I do.  Will almost certainly pick up a 'bone as well if there are exclusives to justify it.  Long time since I bought things near launch, though, I can live without the excitement of launch titles :)

Sticking with PS3/360 till next spring at earliest and more likely next summer i have a few reasons why.

During Christmas like everyone else i imagine i will buying gifts for all my family and friends and really cannot justify spending 400+ on myself too.

Then of course there's the line up of games which don't really impress me and the likelyhood of a system having teething problems i know they shouldn't in this day and age but you can never be certain.

Not to mention GTA comes out in September i want to spend a few months with that and any other current gen games i might buy.

Already have Wii U and probably getting PS4 at launch. I have tons of games to play on PS2/PS3/Gamecube/Wii/Xbox360 and the handhelds but I'm not even going to try to resist it. New and shiny that I have to get as quickly as possible.

hanging back for at least a year, probably more simply because I don't overly trust Sony's consumer champion tag or Microsofts sudden conversion (or the continued mandatory presence of the spy camera) so waiting and seeing how things pan out long term and for wait for the price to fall or I win the lotto-whichever comes first

Will get a PS4... Either on launch or not longer after incase of any 1st day production faults (which I doubt from Sony)... All the remaing PS3 exclusives and GTAV will be out by October so the rumoured release date of November 13th will fit in perfect...

Aye.  First one, then the other.  Probably be XBox first and the PS4 next year sometime unless there is some last minute change on the release dates and regions or Sony do something that really catches my eye in the next couple of months.  And then a Wii-U if they bring out another Rogue Squadron game  :cloud: .

Will get a PS4, but will be playing 3DS and probably Vita for a long time before I do.  Will almost certainly pick up a 'bone as well if there are exclusives to justify it.  Long time since I bought things near launch, though, I can live without the excitement of launch titles :)

Pretty much my plan, 3DS is my main console atm.. loving it. I'll probably wait for the first price drop before getting either of the new consoles.

I'd happily stay with my Xbox 360 for another year. The problem with my plan is that all my game playing friends are planning on getting a PS4 as soon as they come out. If I want to play FIFA against them I'll have to get a PS4. My friends are 'casual' gamers in that they tend to only play FIFA and Call of Duty. I play FIFA and Call of Duty but I also play other games.

Earlier adopters pay the highest price and end up being beta testers for the new machines.

Will be getting a PS4 but not for a good while after release. Still got absolutely tons to play on PS3 and price should have dropped significantly by the time I've played everything I want.