Sunderland

Nobody

"Wigan in pole position for Sunderland's James McClean after bid is accepted - but there is other interest in the Irishman."

:lol: The great hope.

sure there was a thread on rtg once "would you accept £20million for mclean ?"

Must have been one of the shortest purple patches ever :lol:

That it was. Great for a couple of games. Quite good for a few. Then utter shite but a grafter for the rest.

His touch is down there with the worst I've seen live in a Sunderland shirt.

And I've seen Jeff Whitley and Christian Bassila play for us.

That it was. Great for a couple of games. Quite good for a few. Then utter shite but a grafter for the rest.

So basically, teams worked him out very, very quickly and he had no plan B.

Must say I've never seen the fuss about him. Guess he got tagged as an excellent prospect just because he's young.

Must say I've never seen the fuss about him. Guess he got tagged as an excellent prospect just because he's young.

part of it seemed like the press going out of their way to praise the genius of O'Neill by saying look at this guy he just plucked from the reserves and turned instantly into a superstar.

Was even worse over here where Trap not using him was a crime against football itself

That it was. Great for a couple of games. Quite good for a few. Then utter s**** but a grafter for the rest.

He was quite good in that purple patch spell tbf. Looked the business.

Think the Championship is his level having seen alot of him, was surprised how well he did initially as he's very one dimensional, he'll run all day and do his best though, i'd imagine he'll be a solid Champ player, can't see him cutting it in the PL again not good enough technically.

A lot of people say he'll run all day for you and give it his all but then they'll question his attitude? Is it just the fact he's as thick as mince off the pitch where the attitude problem lies?

Personally i think it's a decent deal for Wigan, i've certainly seen far worse deals than this. I think he might do decent for them and provide canny service to Holt.

Aye it's just hes a poorly educated idiot tbh I doubt he would kick off in the dressing room or anything i'm sure he gives his all in training. Just not very smart and probably surrounds himself with loads of hangers on from back here. From a rough family too so not all that surprising.

Why do they wet themselves over Giaccherrini? He played less for Juventus than Adam Johnson did for City and Johnson has been crap for them!  He's in his late 20's and was playing Serie B/C until he got a lucky break a couple of seasons back.

Why do they wet themselves over Giaccherrini? He played less for Juventus than Adam Johnson did for City and Johnson has been crap for them!  He's in his late 20's and was playing Serie B/C until he got a lucky break a couple of seasons back.

I'd be excited if I were them, he from all reports is a decent player and they don't often sign them. It could go wrong and if its a slow adaption for him he'll be 30 before he makes any kind of impact, that's the only real worry they should have.