Sunderland

Nobody

Dunno how to feel about this.

Do I rate him as a manager or a person? No.

But yet I'm annoyed he's going there. He's the best they could've done really and you know he'll beat Pardew again. They now have a fighting chance of staying up.

How exactly are you rating him as a manager ? His record certainly isn't worse than Pardew's and he has stuffed us twice in the FA Cup with a supposedly lesser side. I don't know the guy so cannot pass judgment on him as a person but just because he has done well against NUFC as both player and manager doesn't make him a bad person. He seems to have left under a bit of a cloud at Brighton but we don't know all the facts about that.

Had we fired Pardew he was probably the best we could hope for under Ashley as a replacement.

As with Di Canio, I will judge Poyet after seeing him in charge for a season or two...Di Canio didn't even get the chance to do that, so it will be interesting to see if player power works for a second time if the poor babies at the SoS don't like him...

A 2 year deal only? They must not be overly confident he is the right man for the job.

If they stay up comfortably he'll no doubt get an extension.

Same if they go down and back up first time. If they drop and miss out on promotion they can sack him for little compo or replace him that summer for nowt. Pretty sensible choice imo.

Think he will do well for them myself. Probably a good appointment for both parties...at this time.

:thup: It's another gamble but i think this is a gamble they will probably win, actually think he'll keep these up now, a bad managerial appointment and they were down imo.

A 2 year deal only? They must not be overly confident he is the right man for the job.

Same if they go down and back up first time. If they drop and miss out on promotion they can sack him for little compo or replace him that summer for nowt. Pretty sensible choice imo.

That's fair enough I guess. Alternatively, if he does well he can walk out on them without compo after 2 years. Time will tell if it's a good appointment and a good length of contract, but to me it doesn't indicate they fully trust their own appointment.

That's fair enough I guess. Alternatively, if he does well he can walk out on them without compo after 2 years. Time will tell if it's a good appointment and a good length of contract, but to me it doesn't indicate they fully trust their own appointment.

They must be sick to the teeth of paying compensation to rubbish managers, and with the situation they are in, I think don't think it's a bad move to give him a shorter contract. How many manager lasts two years anyway?

It's so funny once again watching them get all frothy and excited as yet another new manager comes through the door, bigging them up and promising all kind of things, when it's quite obvious he'd be nowhere near the place if he had any viable option. Things could turn very shitty down there.