Sunderland

Nobody

Former Newcastle United keeper Steve Harper, who played under Poyet on loan at Brighton, said the 45-year-old was destined to manage at the top level.

Harper said: 'I enjoyed my brief time at Brighton and Gus Poyet played a big part in that. He was very impressive.

'He will want Sunderland to play total football, playing out from the back beginning with the goalkeeper because he encourages his players to go out and express themselves.

'He wasn’t scared to let players know where they were going wrong or when they weren’t doing what he expected of them, but he was approachable and friendly and tactically astute with it. He would join in with training on a Friday afternoon - he wasn’t shy about doing a demo and he was still good, too - and sessions were hard work but enjoyable.

'He is a likeable man. I know Sunderland’s players will like working with him and I could tell from the start that he was destined to go on and do a big job in the Premier League. He hoped to do that with Brighton, of course, but I’m not surprised that he’s getting his chance now.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2448517/Gus-Poyet-signs-year-deal-new-Sunderland-boss.html#ixzz2h9YX2azV

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Steve Harper really rates him. Let's hope it's just rose tinted mackem specs, but I think they've appointed a good manager. I'm clinging onto the hope that he'll get fed up of managing a horrible club in a shithole town though. If he gets bored he might decide he'd rather be somewhere else.

Good manager possibly, but at the end of the day that team isn't good enough, they can have as many managers as they want, they need a better hiring policy and have had to for a long time. I doubt there'll be much desire to change up players much after dicanio's 'revolution' either

tbh I think he is about the best the Mackems can ever get- so its make or break for them now(again) great that its come at time when they are in super shit, and maybe too fucked for him to salvage.

Gabbiadini's just said on Total Sport that sunderland are a bigger club than Napoli.

:spit:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahaha. they belive this shit anarl

I think he'll do very well there personally.  :undecided:

It's a good appointment, he's an up and coming manager and has the right mindset on how to play (judging from his spell at Brighton) but I can see him getting sick of being Sunderland manager eventually, they all do. It'll all go to shit eventually.

What separates Poyet from every other decent Championship manager? Serious question.

Just seems like being an ex fairly high profile footballer who is still young gives them a bump up the ladder. Poyet beat us twice in the cup but Graham Westley managed it once at a club two divisions below.

When we played Brighton I was impressed they could string more than 2 passes together but that was more to do with the fact we couldn't than them playing any real quality football.

Is he any better than the likes of Mick McCarthy, Nigel Pearson, Paul Ince, Brian McDermott etc.. or is he just more fashionable?

I will be interested to see how a bunch of new to the league Mediteranean types fancy playing total football in a relegation dog fight in a bleak January on the Freezing North East coast of England in a miserable town. One of them has already complained of the wind...... this is an Indian summer up here :lol:

BWFAZcGIcAAU2UQ.jpg

:lol: must of sold out of those Paolo ones. Obviously haven't learned any lessons. They deserve all they get man. A Love Supreme is a right f***ing cringe

So....Barack Obama imagery, Che Guevara text.

Whats on the back? "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Poyet"?

Morons.

So apparently they're all getting on the "Gus Bus"  :lol:

the Party with Marty was shite- so they all cried off to Di Canios Disco. Turns out that was a Nazi propaganda gathering. so they are all fucking off home on the gus bus.