NERG

Slim

Guest Open_C

Really tempted, like.  It's my birthday on Saturday, I could force my lass and the bairn to come :shifty:

OK, to elaborate, there were about 50 arcade machines, rnaging from stuff like Point Blank and TMNT to older stuff like Galaxian, some bootlegs like Puckman and stuff, along with two 2-player sit-down racers.  A few people were in cosplay and there was one furry.  There were also about 25 pinball machines, ranging from pretty much antique, through Street Fighter 2, Terminator 2, to modern ones like The Matrix.  Everything was free play.  Some of the more popular machines you often had to wait in line for someone to finish their turn, but generally I just wandered around playing on whatever became available.

In the non-coin-op side there were rows and rows of consoles and computers - SNES, MSX, Turbographix, Pong machines etc.  Most had a copier cart in them so you could choose the games, some had wallets full of games next to them that you could swap.  In the corner was a Saturn with 6 pads and a big screen, which always had bomberman on when I went past.  There was a raffle for various gaming stuff and a draw to win a Neo Geo Gold X.  There were also stalls with Retro games to buy, and each of these usually also had systems on display you could play on.  Was £15 for the day as we were there from about 11:30 to 4pm, so definitely got out money's worth.

Went on Saturday. Thought it was really good. Enjoyed the console section the most. Hope it's on again next year.

Did it look busy enough? I wish I'd heard about it some time before 2 days prior to it! Could have sorted something out then.

Went on Saturday. Thought it was really good. Enjoyed the console section the most. Hope it's on again next year.

Did it look busy enough? I wish I'd heard about it some time before 2 days prior to it! Could have sorted something out then.

Yeah it was pretty busy. Pretty much every machine was always in use.