Arouna Koné

Ishmael

Talksport just said we've been given permission to speak to him.

"Hello Mr Conte its Joe Kinnear here, ringing to discuss your move to Newcastle"

"Fuck off"

Phone down end of conversation.

Guest reefatoon

Expecting JFK to come back into the boardroom with a round of cone's in from the ice cream man parked outside.

Obviously we've been talking to Wigan about perch, funny how we've come away from that bidding for one of their players. Wonder what happened at that meeting, if joe was involved or its an Ashley/whelan thing.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I suppose the one benefit of our competitors being Everton - even if Martinez is a hindrance - is that they'll be offering him about £80 a game.

Wouldn't be a bad signing at 5 mil, still need another striker I think. From what I remember he causes defenders all sorts of issues, quick and runs channels etc, could compliment Cisse's play. Noticed he scored 11 goals last season so not to shabby for Wigan.

With Kone, Cisse, Gouffran, Another and Campbell would be reasonable. The Another needs to be a goalscorer though

Where does it say that?

Apparently Dave Whelan says we've had one accepted according to Sky Sports News.

Would be a decent signing IMO, hope we can make it happen. I think he'll sign for Everton though given the choice.

I agree unfortunately, if it wasn't for Martinez being there I'd be reasonable confident.