Brazil referee decapitated after stabbing player

Fatwax

WOAT?

Football spectators in northern Brazil decapitated a referee after he fatally stabbed a player for refusing to leave the pitch, officials say.

An angry mob stormed the field during the amateur game in the state of Maranhao and stoned Otavio da Silva to death before severing his head.

Police said the murder was in retaliation for Mr Silva stabbing player Josenir dos Santos.

One man has been arrested over the killing and investigations continue.

The incident took place on 30 June in the remote town of Pio XII, but news of the event has been slow to emerge.

The state's Public Safety Department said it started when the referee and Mr Santos got into fist fight after the player was sent off but refused to leave the pitch.

Mr Silva then pulled out a knife and wounded Mr Santos, who died on his way to the hospital.

The player's friends and relatives rushed onto the field, stoned the referee to death and dismembered his body, the department said in a statement.

So far police have arrested a 27-year-old man in connection with the crime.

"We will identify and hold accountable all those involved," police chief Valter Costa was quoted as saying by local media.

"One crime will never justify another."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23215676

You guys are late as f*** on this. :lol:

Saw a video of the doctors trying to reassemble his body afterwords, gruesome...

Was like a circus in there. You'd expect more respect for the dead.

Saw a video of the doctors trying to reassemble his body afterwords, gruesome...

Would it be wrong to say that i want to see this video?

Are you a coroner or undertaker?

Both?

Both?

Checks out okay.

FIFA wont say a thing.

Are you using this act to score political points? Hope not like.

Not sure what you expect them to say either really, but what Blatter said after the Dutch tragedy bears repeating.

"I would like to express my sadness and distress on hearing of the death of assistant referee Richard Nieuwenhuizen. I was deeply shocked to learn of this tragic incident.

"Football is a mirror of society and, sadly, the same ills that afflict society - in this case violence - also manifest themselves in our game.

"Nevertheless, I remain convinced that football - through the example set by the tireless efforts of people like Mr Nieuwenhuizen - is a force for good, and we must continue use its positive example to educate people against these wrongs.''

Score point against who exactly?

Its not like my opions will end up on SSN and will force fifa to cone out to defend themselves.

Brazil seems to a few viloent issues in there football.  i really say ive hearx fifa cone out and disipline them.

Its not like my opions will end up on SSN and will force fifa to cone out to defend themselves.

Brazil seems to a few viloent issues in there football.  i really say ive hearx fifa cone out and disipline them.

Imagine that last line going along the breaking new ticker :lol: