Ryan Davis of Giant Bomb has died

TBG

Not sure how many people on here are fans/visit Giant Bomb but I thought it deserved it's own thread.

http://i.imgur.com/w7vq9IJ.jpg

Ryan Davis passed away on July 3rd. He was 34.

Obviously we’re all stunned over here. Ryan was a good friend to all of us. It’s odd to remember that, for someone who could be so acerbic at times, and despite knowing him for almost a decade, I honestly don’t recall ever actually being mad at him. He had an unconventional type of kindness that expressed itself more strongly the longer one knew him, and despite his teasing nature, he always managed to make his close friends feel loved when his attention turned towards you.

Many of you know that Ryan was recently married. In the face of this awfulness, many of us will at least always remember him as we last saw him: outrageously, uproariously happy, looking forward to his next adventure with the biggest grin his face could hold.

The consolation we can feel from that is miniscule compared to the hole that Ryan’s absence will leave in our lives. That’s not a hole that is possible to fill; it’s just something that we’ll just have to get used to walking around with, and that will not happen for a long, long time.

:(

Guest theWhiteTiote

The fact that there's a thread on here about his passing shows how much he meant to so many people.

Absolutely devastated about this. It shouldn't be possible for the passing of someone you've never met to hurt so much.  :(

Wonder where Giant Bomb goes from here.

So so sad man. Truly devastating. I feel just so bad for all his family and his GB pals. I can't imagine what Jeff and Vinny and Patrick and everyone are feeling. That makes me even more sad to think about. It's weird it's like their pals cause we listen to them for hours every week...

I'll miss that big dude.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/04422076024f584129d46a5bb0739acb/tumblr_mpo1wjQQZS1qeqo31o1_500.jpg

The public outpour of emotion over the death of Ryan Davis has been at once uplifting and devastating; amazing to see how many lives he touched but equally tragic the scope of loss. There has been a lot said, and much of it by better writers and closer friends - so I won’t go on.

What I will do, though, is finish the drawing he kept asking me to make. Sorry it was so late.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/04422076024f584129d46a5bb0739acb/tumblr_mpo1wjQQZS1qeqo31o1_500.jpg

The public outpour of emotion over the death of Ryan Davis has been at once uplifting and devastating; amazing to see how many lives he touched but equally tragic the scope of loss. There has been a lot said, and much of it by better writers and closer friends - so I won’t go on.

What I will do, though, is finish the drawing he kept asking me to make. Sorry it was so late.

:(