Fantasy Premier League 2013/14

BlueStar

Are there any of our players worth taking this year? One of my biggest failings last season was relying too heavily on Newcastle players, had Cisse and Cabaye in the line-up far too often.

Maybe take a flyer on Sissoko or HBA.

Are there any of our players worth taking this year? One of my biggest failings last season was relying too heavily on Newcastle players, had Cisse and Cabaye in the line-up far too often.

I've opted for MYM and HBA....Sissoko and Cisse were in my first draft as well but got cut, so yeah there is value in our players if you're brave enough to take them.

Normally have Krul. Hba if he's in form and we have easy fixt.

Who set up the league last year?  May be able to just renew it in your league menu.  See they're pushing a new pay-to-play league this year with cash prizes.

Tried incorporating RVP in my team and got to the point where I had to buy 2 midfielders with 5m.  Then tried without him in, managed to fill my team with pretty good players and then realsied there was no-one I particularly wanted to be captain for GW1.

Wanyama is a good bet at 5m like.

Will he get points as a defensive midfielder however? Tend to stay away from those ..

Him and Bellamy at 5 and 5.5 could be good buys!

I don't exactly mean he's going to set the points board on fire, but if, like me, you've got Bale and Van Persie in your team, you have to go for one or two of the cheapest players possible. He is a good shout because he gets a few goals a season, few assists.

He's on the bench like.

The game's massively biased against defensive midfielders in general like.  You can be Xabi Alonso in the holding role, but the defenders get the points for the clean sheet you helped maintain and unless you're getting the last or penultimate touch for a goal, tough shit.  Plus the bonus point system favours attacking play as well.

Wanyama is a good bet at 5m like.

Will he get points as a defensive midfielder however? Tend to stay away from those ..

Him and Bellamy at 5 and 5.5 could be good buys!

Didn't see Bellamy. Good shout, also.

They need to find a way to reward defensive mids, yeah. Itd make the game much more interesting.

Theyre claiming to have improved the bonus point system.

Usually good to have at least 1 I find as there are some who tend to rack up the games. (decent subs)

My quick team:

de Gea

Ivanovic Koscielny Evans Zabaleta

Snodgrass Ramires Paulinho

Sturridge v.Persie Berbatov

Jones, W.Reid, Jarvis, Ramsay

Who set up the league last year?  May be able to just renew it in your league menu.  See they're pushing a new pay-to-play league this year with cash prizes.

Tried incorporating RVP in my team and got to the point where I had to buy 2 midfielders with 5m.  Then tried without him in, managed to fill my team with pretty good players and then realsied there was no-one I particularly wanted to be captain for GW1.

I've renewed the N-O one, just now. Not sure how the renewal bit works, mind you.