Fantasy Premier League 2013/14

BlueStar

Guest bimpy474

I'll tell you my advice.

Don't be picking any Villa defenders, because on the evidence of pre-season, we still can't defend for shit.

Like we needed the advice  :laugh:

I'll tell you my advice.

Don't be picking any Villa defenders, because on the evidence of pre-season, we still can't defend for s***.

Like we needed the advice  :laugh:

:lol:

I did wonder what your defence would be though, Brummie. How do you expect to line up?

Would FF be better or worse if you had to have a certain number of wide/central or left-sided/right-sided players?

Probably have a lot more teams with a similar composition I suppose.

Would make it more intersting....

I also had a thought for one of the leagues Im in..

Maybe we could do it here after this season.  Basically if you finish in the bottom half of the league this season, you start off next season in divsion 2...we could have a promotion and relegation battle, the following season.

As it gets a bit naff if you just lurking around the bottom with nowt to play for.

Yeah, not a bad idea, with new joiners starting in the lower leagues :lol: Be quite funny if the "lower division" thrashed the one above them.

Any new joiners have to start in N-O div 2

This all sounds eerily familiar...

I'll tell you my advice.

Don't be picking any Villa defenders, because on the evidence of pre-season, we still can't defend for s***.

Is Westwood sticking in the lineup with all the new signings? I liked the look of him last year, so I grabbed him as an extra mid.

Tweaked my team about loads all week, think I'm coming close to settling on:

Mignolet (Mannone)

Zabaleta Luiz Mertesacker (Clyne and Garrido)

Walcott Mata Paulinho Navas (or Coutinho or Michu) (Yacob)

Dzeko Berbatov Lambert

http://i.imgur.com/vcgo3Jj.png

Changed it up a load. Reckon I've got more firepower up front, but a little more unpredictable in midfield and defence.

Hoping Benteke can still get one or two with a difficult first two games, and doesn't have a shit second season. Soldado more likely to start every game than Dzeko was. Anelka's staying in for a while as West Brom have a good run of games he can score in. Feel like I might be better off having all full-backs in defence as they can get bonus points for dribbling, crosses and maybe assists while still getting points for tackling and clean sheets. Still not sure between Navas and Coutinho.

Y'all reckon?

It's a strong first eleven.  One of the better teams I've seen.

My big decision is whether to go for RVP or not.  Obviously if you put him in for Soldado or Benteke, then your midfield won't be able to be anywhere near as strong.

My big decision is whether to go for RVP or not.  Obviously if you put him in for Soldado or Benteke, then your midfield won't be able to be anywhere near as strong.

Yeah, today reminded me how RvP is guaranteed points :lol:

Torn between RvP & cheap midfielder or Lukaku & Silva. Of course, if Rooney goes to Chelsea there's the solution!

Yeah, today reminded me how RvP is guaranteed points :lol:

Torn between RvP & cheap midfielder or Lukaku & Silva. Of course, if Rooney goes to Chelsea there's the solution!

Cheers :).

Aye, thought about putting in RVP too but didn't want to end up being reliant on him at the expense of other areas in case he goes on a drought like he did around January (don't plan on making too many transfers this season, hoping for consistency).

Also, I could put some cheaper midfielders in (Schneiderlin or Carrick seem like good options) but then there aren't many forwards who become available who are much better. Gouffran, Long, Ruiz and Rodriguez seemed like the better ones.

Guest diddimz

Season hasn't even started and I've picked up an injury to Hernandes, good enough excuse to replace him and make a few changes, Snodgrass in for Sigurdsson, Anelka in for Crouch and Podolski in for Hernandez.

Starting line up is now

Hart

Debuchy Azpilicueta Zabaleta

Bale Arteta Paulinho, Sissoko

Podolski Bony Anelka

Though I'm thinking of swapping in Snodgrass for Anelka