No S-Video on Sky HD

Belfast Boy

I have upgraded to Sky HD (and to be honest I can't see any difference in quality). Anyway I had ran an s-video cable from my old Sky+ box up to the projector in the bedroom which worked perfectly. This cable is now in situ and the new box has no s-video output. Is there something I can use to convert a different output (maybe scart?) into the s-video cable to avoid running a new cable?

Something like this? (Just done a quick search on amazon, no idea if you'll find it much cheaper/better :lol:)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KanaaN-HDMI-Composite-S-Video-Converter/dp/B005ZCUA26/

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41z-zmxMTxL._SX385_.jpg

Find it hard to believe that you don't see a difference in SD and HD though. Are you sure you're watching a HD channel? It's easy to tell the difference when you switch between, for example, Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD.

I also assume you've got it connected by HDMI and are using a proper HDTV. My parents complained to me after they couldn't see a difference with their FreeSat HD box, and it turned out they were watching SD channels through a scart cable. :pokerface:

Bit pricey that like! maybe just run a new 10m HDMI cable.

I am flicking between BBC2 and BBC2HD for the golf and honestly no difference. TV is a 5yr old Sony Bravia with big HD ready stickers, anything I need to do to it???

Yes The Sky HD box is connected via an HDMI cable (Which of course rules out running a second 10m one unless I get a splitter). Just not seeing a jot of difference between the two BBC2 channels.

Is the HD box set on 720 or 1080 output? It might default to SD for setup.