Mel Smith RIP

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Open_C

Sad news :(

The Stanley Rogers Film Composer sketch is one of the few things I remember from telly in the 80s :)

Can't believe it. :(

I was actually watching Not the Nine O'Clock News this morning after I recorded it last night on GOLD.

Despite not growing up with NTNON it is absolutely timeless.

NTNOCN when it was originally broadcast was totally revolutionary, we hadn't had a program like that in this country for ages - probably, That Was The Week That Was was the most similar (too early for me, mind).

I remember at school we'd memorise whole chunks of NTNOCN, we'd all buy the albums (basically, just the audio from some of the shows), and knew all the words to the songs.

It was absolutely brilliant stuff, the only thing that was better at (roughly) the time was The Young Ones.

Even 30 years later, I can remember the lyrics to some of the songs.

This was my favourite. The lyrics to this one are superb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMdeQFCGMQ

NTNOCN when it was originally broadcast was totally revolutionary, we hadn't had a program like that in this country for ages - probably, That Was The Week That Was was the most similar (too early for me, mind).

I remember at school we'd memorise whole chunks of NTNOCN, we'd all buy the albums (basically, just the audio from some of the shows), and knew all the words to the songs.

It was absolutely brilliant stuff, the only thing that was better at (roughly) the time was The Young Ones.

Even 30 years later, I can remember the lyrics to some of the songs.

This was my favourite. The lyrics to this one are superb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMdeQFCGMQ

The racist copper sketch is my all time fave.

Guest bimpy474

That darts sketch is one of the reasons darts remodelled itself. The football scores one is brilliant.