Parenting stuff

Dave

Nah, it just fucks up the ridiculously little rhythm you're managed to get going. :angry:

Routines soon develop into new routines, mate. Their sleep patterns change and you have to work around them. It takes some getting used too, and when you do, they change.  :lol: It's all so good though.

Just to reassure you, my little fuckers have a combined age of 8 (eldest 6, youngest 2) and the little fuckers are still mastering the whole sleeping thing.

Thankfully my Mrs is ok with getting up every night with one/both of them.

He's started smiling though, which melts my heart. Makes all the stressing worthwhile. :aww:

Wait until the personality really starts to develop. It's magic Dave, best thing in the world. Plenty of good stuff to come. Just remember that with sleeping patterns, they seem to train you as much as you train them. You have the power!

He's really not that bad for five weeks old tbh, it's just two steps forward one step back all the time. You think you're making progress then something knocks it back. Lightyears from just a month ago though, back then it felt really daunting.

Haha the first giggle at something you do is great  :smitten:

I'll never forget that. Was in the kitchen, bent down to pick up an empty box and hit my head on the cabinet. Heard a little giggle from the corner. All my friends were there, I've never felt so humiliated. Barstard (he actually is).

Never bothered me. It's not exactly enjoyable...but being my own kids, I'm ok with it.

Another person's kid would be revolting (nannies have to put up with that crap) :lol:

This is exactly me. :lol:

It's your own, don't care. Someone else's? :scared:

Still so fucking chuffed for you, Dave.

It's a million miles away for me but I can't wait to have my own kid(s). I bet the good things are incomparable to owt else.

Cheers mate. :)

Never bothered me. It's not exactly enjoyable...but being my own kids, I'm ok with it.

Another person's kid would be revolting (nannies have to put up with that crap) :lol:

Just had a humdinger to sort out earlier, was the consistancy of porridge/milky weetabix and smelt like death, Daddy sorts it out  :smug: then straight downstairs for my dinner  :lol:

The bulk of it you lob in the bog (or bin if you're using disposable nappies). The wipes themselves go into a laundry bin with lid ahead of washing. Simple as that really. I suppose it might change when he gets on solids and the poo gets more stinky but for now at least, they're great and no waste.

Same principle applies with the nappies too basically. We still use disposables at the minute but only for convenience really, we're gradually moving to washable full time. She's already bought a shitload so we have to. :laugh: