Parenting stuff

Dave

My boy is nearly 2 and has slept through the night consistently since Christmas. Had a baby girl in May and she's surprisingly been an absolute breeze at night, wakes up at about 4am but wife is breastfeeding so I just sleep through it usually

Little man woke up screaming at 4am and I've been up with him since. Forgotten what it's like to feel this tired!

Guest Howaythetoon

My boy is nearly 2 and has slept through the night consistently since Christmas. Had a baby girl in May and she's surprisingly been an absolute breeze at night, wakes up at about 4am but wife is breastfeeding so I just sleep through it usually

Little man woke up screaming at 4am and I've been up with him since. Forgotten what it's like to feel this tired!

Lucky git, my two don't like sleeping at the moment.

Guest Howaythetoon

Due date....    :frantic:

1 day late :frantic:

2 days late :frantic:

3 days late :frantic:

4 days late :frantic:

5 days late :frantic:

1 week late :frantic:

How are you feeling emotionally? Leading upto both my boys' birth and the 10 day or so lateness, I was all over the place emotionally. I couldn't think straight or function much and the days dragged and dragged. I was emotionally spent and I was like a lass at times, very emotional etc. The thought of seeing my baby's face would make me well up for example. Apparently its quite common for fathers to go through some kind of emotional distress in the lead up to their child's birth.

Its fucking great though. When my oldest who is now 3 was born, it was the weekend of mothers day and I wrote two cards out to my mam and wor lass, full of emotional stroppy shit, and I cried and cried at the enormity of becoming a parent something I had never planned, but thought I'd be fucking good at. My upbringing was tough, very tough, but I made it and the thought of me raising a little 'un was awe inspiring to be honest.

Almost 4 years on I have two and yesterday we spent a few hours at the RVI with the 17 month old who busted his face running into our glass TV stand. He's fine, but his face is a tad swollen. When he come home he was running around like a lunatic. Kids man...

I hope all goes well for you, your missus and the bairn.

Personally I found the whole birth experience so boring and long that it took the sting out of my emotions. When my lad was born I didn't shed a tear.

Kids are class. There little character quirks are amazing.

I can't wait for mine to grow up, so I can take them camping or take the lad fishing or to the football. So much to look forward to.

I hope all goes well for you, your missus and the bairn.

Very much x2.

I just got a wee bit emosh reading that! :lol: From the day we first went to the hospital thinking she was getting induced to the baby actually arriving was 8 days. Now we're talking about doing it all again.

Guest Howaythetoon

Personally I found the whole birth experience so boring and long that it took the sting out of my emotions. When my lad was born I didn't shed a tear.

Kids are class. There little character quirks are amazing.

I can't wait for mine to grow up, so I can take them camping or take the lad fishing or to the football. So much to look forward to.

I was all over the place. They are amazing though.

Guest Howaythetoon

I always thought I wouldn't cry me being not the emotional type, but as soon as I clapped my eyes on both I lost it and with the first all the way home I had tears streaming down my eyes exclaiming "I love him" a lot, the whole experience is overpowering or was for me. From being meh about it all for 8.8 months to being all loved up 3 or so weeks later. I said it is the greatest show on earth and I stand by that. When that baby pops out, you change, instantly and massively so. It has been the making of me, even now lots of my friends and family members say "I can't believe your a dad". No more though. Maybe adoption in a few years time or even fostering. We love kids and we can give a kid a great home, lots of love and the very best of us as people. The thought of kids unhappy or without loving parents upsets me no end. Kids man, they are the fucking ultimate. How anyone could ever hurt a kid is beyond me.