Prison Architect (PC)

Coco

Didn't see a thread for this. I've only just started, and this is clearly still in alpha, but it's fucking class. If you were sensible enough to pick it up in the Steam sale, you've got a great bargain. If not, go out and buy it anyway, it's that good.  :angel:

It's great building a prison and the basic running of it, but it's no where near the finished article. I often find myself just causing a massive riot to give myself something to do. :lol:

You should try Bridge Project, totally different game but I dunno, you might like it.

Couldn't bring myself to pay the £15 or so it was going for when a) it's not then finished product and b) that was supposed to be its reduced price. Definitely looks appealing though, will keep an eye on it.

The latest update for Introversion’s Prison Architect is all about contraband. Prisoners – already notorious for their love of the illicit – will attempt to steal things from rooms that contain any one of a number of different categories, including alcohol, drugs, weapons and, for some reason, toilet brushes. It’s a good thing prisons are better stocked than our office: all they’d be able to pinch would be discarded coffee cups, chocolate snacks and copies of The Sims 3: Showtime.

Contraband will be either carried or hidden by prisoners, with a successfully executed search revealing the concealed item and showing its route through the prison – allowing you to take steps to secure problematic areas. If it gets too much, players can order a shakedown, searching the entire prison at the cost of making your convicts a lot angrier.

Also introduced in this update is a status effect for prisoners suppressed by solitary confinement, which will make them temporarily more compliant. Introversion’s Chris Delay reveals that this is the first step towards allowing the player to create tougher, more brutal prisons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Fuck the football. Anybody still play this? Been fairly getting into it again over the last few days like, it's come on miles since the early alpha releases. They've opened pretty much the entire code up to the modding community as well as of yesterday, so no doubt there'll be some awesome user made content popping up over the coming months. Definitely the time to buy it if you haven't already :thup:

http://i.imgur.com/XOXuVuV.png

Pretty proud of this bad boy like. No escapes, no riots, hardly any contraband. Got these fuckers well and truly suppressed  :snod: