Blackpool 0-1 Newcastle United (FT) post-match discussion from p12

RodneyCisse

#NUFC (4-4-2): Elliot; Debuchy, Taylor, Williamson, Santon; Marveaux, Cabaye ©, Sissoko, Gutierrez; Shola Ameobi, Gouffran.

#NUFC substitutes: Alnwick, Yanga-Mbiwa, Dummett, Sammy Ameobi, Vuckic, Campbell.

Fucking hell :anguish:

Pardew said the other day that a number of players weren't travelling as they weren't fit enough. Cisse is one, I assume Ben Arfa is another.

Add Tiote and Anita to that I guess, maybe play against St Mirren on Tuesday?

I thought that was a reserve team friendly?

Elliot

Debuchy Taylor Willo Santon

Cabaye

Jonas

Sissoko                  Marveaux

Gouffran

Shola

nailed on. :lol:

Elliot

Debuchy Taylor Cabaye Willo Santon

Jonas

Sissoko                  Marveaux

Gouffran

Shola

nailed on. :lol:

FYP

Guest hobshobs

I guess it's Jonas and Marveux out wide with Shola and Gouffran up top. 

Rememeber it's Pardew in charge, it could be Shola and Gouffran out wide, Jonas and Marveaux through the middle with Marveaux as the target man.

We'll scrape a 1-1 draw with our goal coming from Ameobi's arse.  Pardew will praise our resilience coming up against a fitter, tighter side, singling our Jonas and Williamson for two hard working, gritty displays.  Ameobi will make a comment about his lethal run of goalscoring form and how he should deserve the number 9 shirt for the coming season.  Pardew will later say that this XI have the first team shirts for the first game at Manchester City and anyone not in the current squad will have to work hard for a month in the reserves before even being considered.  Marveaux will pull his groin in the 98th minute.

"I thought we was tight."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/papiss-cisse-fitness-not-concern-5373231

However, Cisse is not expected to take part in tomorrow’s friendly at Blackpool (3pm).

His next chance to play could be in Paisley on Tuesday evening when United face St Mirren.

Yet with over 2,000 fans making the journey to Bloomfield Road for the pay-on-the-day fixture against the Seasiders, Pardew is expected to line up with a strong XI against the Championship outfit.

Moussa Sissoko, Yohan Cabaye, Yoan Gouffran, Mathieu Debuchy and Davide Santon are all understood to be in the frame to play.

Pardew said: “I’m going to keep four or five players back to work on fitness.

“But I’ll be taking a good team to Blackpool. I am pleased with the work we done last week in Portugal.

“We have worked hard. We have had no injuries so far, and as the days go by the better that is for us.”

Blackpool ended last season in 15th place in the Championship.

Yet Pardew is expecting a tough test against Paul Ince’s side.

He said: “Blackpool are just two weeks away from the start of their season.

“They are 10 days ahead of us in terms of work.

“I think that will show too. They are at a good level.

“But we are working hard and this will be a good test for us.”

Ben Arfa looked way off the pace against Pacos like, touch and movement was pathetic.

:thup:

Isn't that the point of pre season games though; to gain fitness?

Maybe they think he'd benefit more from a few days extra fitness work before playing against St. Mirren on Tuesday?