Gaming Pub

Slim

Guest Open_C

Could probably spend hours in there if it was around here :lol:  We discussed something similar a couple of months back, after reminiscing about the grim arcades that used to be at the Haymarket :)

Me and my friends had this idea too. :lol: The problem is the FIFA rage etc when people are drunk, plus knackers who'd come in trying to nick stuff like controllers etc. It'd only work in massive cities really, if I made it here I'd be begging you guys to come over within a week.

A pub near me used to have FIFA nights but it didn't last long. Low buy in and a small cash prize. It was canny but the standard was quite low when I watched. Good idea in theory.

Are there many LAN places? There's one in Newcastle but I don't know of any others. Used to play Allied Assault very badly against a room of seasoned nerds. Was fun!

Gotham claims to have a 360, I'm sure you see people playing FIFA on the projector sometimes (not sure where they're playing from, mind).

It's a dive anyway, not sure I'd go there to game. £3 trebles aren't such attraction at 3 in the afternoon.

Gotham claims to have a 360, I'm sure you see people playing FIFA on the projector sometimes (not sure where they're playing from, mind).

It's a dive anyway, not sure I'd go there to game. £3 trebles aren't such attraction at 3 in the afternoon.

I only go to Gotham for the music, and always after 11pm.

The Dog and Parrott has got a 360 with FIFA like.

The controllers are mashed though, aren't they?

Really? Been ages since I was in there like.

Can remember one of their controllers being a third party one though :lol:

Really? Been ages since I was in there like.

Can remember one of their controllers being a third party one though :lol:

It was yonks ago when I was last on the Xbox in there, or in there at all for that matter as well. :lol:

Me and my friends had this idea too. :lol: The problem is the FIFA rage etc when people are drunk, plus knackers who'd come in trying to nick stuff like controllers etc. It'd only work in massive cities really, if I made it here I'd be begging you guys to come over within a week.

Translate over to any competitive multiplayer game really..... they quickly get out of hand rage wise.

It seems no matter what me and my mates play if its against each other YOU HAVE TO WIN or the rage ensues.

I keep telling myself its just a game and should just enjoy myself but when its you vs a mate on Fifa or something it never works out like that :lol:

Nice idea in theory though.

The rage would be the only issue I think. :lol: Wouldn't have to worry about controllers being stolen if you just set a deposit that covers the cost of it.

I've lost the fucking plot online playing people though. Muted my mic and literally went fucking apeshit. I used to be really, really good at FIFA and barely ever lost a game online. When I lost one due to bad luck I just lost it. :lol: I'm glad I haven't gamed properly in a while.

Been watching competitive DOTA2 recently. It's actually pretty good.

It's INSANE eh? Reminds me old school counter strike. There was a link to a 90 min match on reddit between 2 big teams... Them map started breaking up because of how long the game took!

It's INSANE eh? Reminds me old school counter strike. There was a link to a 90 min match on reddit between 2 big teams... Them map started breaking up because of how long the game took!

Yeah heard about that, can't believe the amount of money these teams are making from the game. My mate is actually going to take a week off to watch the international matches :lol:

Yeah heard about that, can't believe the amount of money these teams are making from the game. My mate is actually going to take a week off to watch the international matches :lol:

hah..ok thats probably a little far...

I made a bit of money playing counter strike back in the day

Nice! Used to play in the American league but never made it "pro"... We used to practice strats...haha jesus christ....

Guest firetotheworks

I'm honestly not just saying this. I couldn't imagine anything that would cause more trouble in a pub than Fifa. I'd end up in jail and be absolutely guilty of whatever crime I would have definitely committed.

:thup: It's fucking mint, like. My housemate has been ragging it for about a year now, I know my shit but can't play at all :lol: It's a good spectacle, especially the finals.

:thup: It's fucking mint, like. My housemate has been ragging it for about a year now, I know my shit but can't play at all :lol: It's a good spectacle, especially the finals.

I've just started playing mate, I am terrible atm. If you ever want to try a few games together let me know! We can make a NO guild or clan or whatever it's called in DOTA2.

I have been thinking about trying a few games, I'll get settled into my new house and see if I can find the time! I'm up for it in theory, though.

I love watching the live broadcasts of the finals, though. Geeky as fuck.

I've just started playing mate, I am terrible atm. If you ever want to try a few games together let me know! We can make a NO guild or clan or whatever it's called in DOTA2.

Dude. Yes. I just won my first match...a truly remarkable feeling! When people know what their doing and communicate it's a beautiful beautiful thing!