The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

I'd not be opposed to a third Keegan reign under new ownership.

:thup:

Ill raise this and say a new owner with Keegan part of the boardroom in a Executive Chairman/DOF role where he has full control of shaping the direction and vision of our club.  He's too important to us if he came back again if I'm honest. He'd be the only one I trust and I'd rather he be part of that and not be susceptible to being lied to or hung out to dry like all those times before.

I miss Freddie Shepherd/John Hall. Deep down I wish they never sold us and wish they'd have found a resolution on our debt issues and found a way to restructure and move us forward.

I think this would've been ideal. I waited and waited in vain for Freddie to 'wake up.' Turns out he was forced to sell the club when he was morphed out on a hospital bed, with Ashley taking his thumbprint in blood ... if you were to hear Freddie tell the story now.

Anyways, in reality, we all know, he'd never have awoken to the fiscal reality he himself put us in, and a buyer was always more likely. But fuck... Ashley.

Freddie was supposed to be writing a book. Wish he'd f***ing hurry up with it.

Freddie + Keegan as Executive and we'd never have a defeatist attitude that our current fucking owner and manager spew out with.

FFS's book would be class :lol:

I miss Freddie Shepherd/John Hall. Deep down I wish they never sold us and wish they'd have found a resolution on our debt issues and found a way to restructure and move us forward.

It was what the first one did the 2-3 years before he sold which meant that was very unlikely to happen. Look at his last 12 months transfer dealings.

You can say that about every club who's had a takeover in the last ten years though.

Do you think Short is as ambitious or passionate for Sunderland as Murray? Lerner than Ellis? Etc.

Some are better owners than others but the passion and ambition to see their club do well I'd imagine is the exact same, simply to be in the Premier League with the riches it brings.

I want Sunderland to be in whatever league we're in. There's already too many emotionless matches without losing another 2.

You can talk absolute horseshite at times, but this is a brilliant one.

You said this in the right thread at least. If you want to post examples I'm all ears/eyes?

I'd not be opposed to a third Keegan reign under new ownership.

:thup:

I'd be 100% opposed to ever having Keegan back in any role, other than standing at the front of an exectuive box supporting us. Holding a glass of pimms.

Bafetimbi Gomis is a good looking fella. (Not sure if that falls in the unpopular opinion category, but I put it here just to be safe.)

Wouldn't even be in our top 3 best looking players if he joined

Bafetimbi Gomis is a good looking fella. (Not sure if that falls in the unpopular opinion category, but I put it here just to be safe.)

Which is no shame.

Who's #3?