DOTA 2

dinotheprehistoricgeordie

Feel we need a DOTA2 thread. If you've never heard of / played this before check out some of the games being played this week. It's the biggest tournament of the year being played in Seattle with prize money being over $2 million.

Watched some of the match ups last night. It looks like we might be seeing a Western team win the title for the first time. Alliance have won all of their 12 games so far.

Would also be up for some team play if people are just getting into the game.

Na'Vi won last year, they are still really good. Watched them play last night and Hvorst (sp?) was absolutely mental with the Weaver. He was so fast no one could keep up with him. Guy was farming enemy jungle while the opposite team were also farming there.

Alliance look really good though, should be a good final.

I've played with a few heroes now, basically, I like the ones which are hard to kill :lol:

Tide Hunter, Sven, Dragon Knight and Lich are all fun.

My Steam ID is: 7level-up7

Need to get a headset asap though!  :(

Tried to start playing this recently. Did the little tutorial section and was massively overwhelmed by the game when it let me into it proper. The game itself isn't too complex, but the sheer number of characters is just ridiculous. Will persevere with it though, so some team play could be good. :)

Anyone got one of the free codes by any chance? Mate was supposed to gift me one ages ago but I'm still waiting for the fucker and he had loads of them :lol:

EDIT: Had on, Steam reckons I already own it :lol: Nevermind.

Yeah awesome! I've been playing exclusively as support which I'm kinda understanding! Totally up for some games tomorrow... Bot matches are great to start with / practice new characters.

Set up an N-O group on there?

Couple of things really helped me get the basics:

First of all is this super intense / overwhelming / morale crushing intro which makes tons of sense from Purge:

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck#.UgAfrxZCfR4

Secondly there are tons of tutorials and beginner guides on youtube but the ones I found most helpful were the ones by Matt Lees (the dude that did all those e3 abridged vids):

Ah sorry Kaiz didn't know we had a thread previously. Bass hunter :lol:

Shido could you make the group? That would be great. Could you maybe play the carry when we play a few of our first games as you've got the most experience?

Do you want to take charge of our set up in the game, such as who takes the center, top and bottom lanes etc?

Guest mrainey

Invested waaay to many hours in this over the last 4,5 months. Would naturally be up for some games with you lads; just yell and i'm there :frantic:

Ah sorry Kaiz didn't know we had a thread previously. Bass hunter :lol:

Shido could you make the group? That would be great. Could you maybe play the carry when we play a few of our first games as you've got the most experience?

Do you want to take charge of our set up in the game, such as who takes the center, top and bottom lanes etc?

Hahah oh my good lord. Yeah I can try it out for sure! Oooooh boy are we in for some trouble. I've got a dude who's a similar stage so we can call on him to make up numbers as well!

Guest mrainey

Loving The international so far. Regarding teams, expected better from Mouz & VP and somewhat surprised by how decent Fnatic have performed. Ridiculous how long the daily coverage lasts, what is it, 10 hours straight?

But the important stuff..  some N-O dota this weekend?