Goal celebrations

Dinho lad

Most of them make me cringe these days. Vaughan’s celebration last night probably tops it all. What a load of crap. Do these footballers think they look good when they do that or something?

O’Shea’s celebration when he scored against Everton last week was just soooooo gay! And what about the Africans dancing near the corner flag….

Don’t get me started on Pippo Inzaghi, man. Always looks crazy when celebrating.

I just find most of it irritating and cringe worthy. Sometimes I feel like stabing them in the eye with a letter opener.

Guest Village Idiot

Gilardino can stick his invisible violin up his arse, too. Dunno what's up with italians and silly goal celebrations.

And if I *ever* see another footballer doing the baby rocking celebration when he's got a baby...

Corradi takes the award for most cringeworthy celebrations.

I agree that the Guitar one at Villa was horrible - Beyond cheesy. Liked the Knighthood one tho - Pretty inventive. Not sure why he's not getting booked for it tho.

I think the worst celebrations come from Robbie Keane. Someone really ought to tell him hes shite at gymnastics.

And if I *ever* see another footballer doing the baby rocking celebration when he's got a baby...

Oh yeah that. Lampard and co done it recently .  :roll:

Mind you, I liked Bebeto's and Romario's(forgot the other one's name) at the world cup of 94. :lol:

Guest smoggeordie

TBH we need goals before we can think about the celebrations. I wouldn't care how bad they were if we were putting the ball in the net.

Guest Gemmill

Robbie Keane tbh.  Thankfully he doesn't score very often, but that fucking fat-kid-in-gym forward roll followed by the archer thing.  If I was the post-match interviewer on Sky I'd be saying "Robbie, have you ever seen yourself on Goals on Sunday doing that celebration of yours?  Have you any concept whatsoever of how much of a tit you look?"

Guest Village Idiot

Oh yeah that. Lampard and co done it recently .  :roll:

Mind you, I liked Bebeto's and Romario's(forgot the other one's name) at the world cup of 94. :lol:

Yeah, but that was the first time I saw it. Pretty original back then, but it's sooooooooooooooooo overdone now :roll:

Guest Village Idiot

Fortunately I don't recall many Barça players with silly celebrations, other than the odd shirt dedicating it to his son/father/cousin whatever.

Oh well, there's that one when Giovanni scored the third against Real away 6 years ago and showed them the finger (later arguing that as a Brazilian he didn't understand this was an insult in our culture, fucking brilliant!!! :lol:)

Robbie Keane tbh.  Thankfully he doesn't score very often, but that f***ing fat-kid-in-gym forward roll followed by the archer thing.  If I was the post-match interviewer on Sky I'd be saying "Robbie, have you ever seen yourself on Goals on Sunday doing that celebration of yours?  Have you any concept whatsoever of how much of a tit you look?"

blueyes.gif  Pound for pound the shittest goal celebration ever seen imo - he obviously gave it a lot of thought and look at what he came up with.  Mind you that lad from Blackburn with the mask down his sock ran it a close second in my book.

Guest Village Idiot

LuaLua always cracks me up, getting injuried celebrating a goal must be one of the stupidest things you can do ever.

That baby rocking celebration as invented by Bebeto in 1994 is the worst ever. Saw someone in the Premiership do it the other day. It needs a "lets kick out racism"  style campaign to ensure it never, ever happens again.

Anyway, all goal celebrations are shite compared to this:

http://specials.rediff.com/sports/2004/jul/02img3.jpg

I hate Robbie Kean's but I also hate the smug "nothing" reaction to scoring goals that Henry and Gerrard have been known to do.

There's a link on NUFC.com to Kazenga Lua Lua's goal celebration from the Exeter U18s game. Just like his cousin! I hope to see a lot more of Martins' celebration.

I thought Vaughan was taking the piss out of Anton Ferdinand with that celebration. I hope he was anyway

I hope so too...When i saw anton do that....i wanted to hit my head against the screen until my forehead caved in and then I couldn't feel anything cause i would be just smackin my brain against the screen because they I wouldn't feel pain and thus would live out life totally numb...