S***** D***** "News"

Interpolic

What the fuck is this shit actually about?

An attempt to replace the 'publicity' generated by the stadium name change? A big fuck off to the local newspapers? A subtle replacement of the NUFC TV service?

Whatever it is, it's came from nowhere and it's fucking weird.

Just Ashley exploting NUFC to the full to support his primary interest. Same old story.

:thup: nail on head.

It's the little things like this that grate the most for me too, very sly and totally unnecessary.

Example of how Ashley only sees the club as a method to publicize sports direct. Real kick in the teeth to local papers, regardless of if their coverage could be improved they are royally screwed by being so dependent on one club to give them access anyway and now basically got no legs to stand on.

Part of me thinks, is there anybody really who is going to go into sports direct because they saw some shola contract update on there, but guess it's all about brand awareness. Now every national has to credit them with the original story I guess.

By the way, the local papers have been patronising their readers for over a decade with their cowardly, duplicitous guff. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever for confining themselves to being the club's unofficial mouthpiece when they could feasibly maintain readership with journalistic ability and integrity, ie replacing that illiterate manchild runt.

I was wondering about this. It's really annoying me.

Does it feature any/much news of other clubs?

Current top stories are Soldado, Bale, and League Cup round-up. Features quite a lot of other club news in all fairness.

I was wondering about this. It's really annoying me.

Does it feature any/much news of other clubs?

Current top stories are Soldado, Bale, and League Cup round-up. Features quite a lot of other club news in all fairness.

Aye i saw a story the other day that Aguero is unhappy and wants to go to Juventus according to them :lol:

By the way, the local papers have been patronising their readers for over a decade with their cowardly, duplicitous guff. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever for confining themselves to being the club's unofficial mouthpiece when they could feasibly maintain readership with journalistic ability and integrity, ie replacing that illiterate manchild runt.

I think this is harsh for reasons we've gone over on here a hundred times.  They couldn't sell papers if they didn't have access to matches and press conferences and since our club is basically Communist Russia they have no choice but to toe the line.  That possibly limits their options in terms of journos too.  It's a piss take of a situation but we've seen what happens to journalists that make life even the slightest bit uncomfortable for Ashley, they get banned from the ground.

I have massive sympathy for The Chronicle/Journal, they used to be half-decent (not amazing or anything) when NUFC wasn't run by fucking petty arseholes.

I think this is harsh for reasons we've gone over on here a hundred times.  They couldn't sell papers if they didn't have access to matches and press conferences and since our club is basically Communist Russia they have no choice but to toe the line.  That possibly limits their options in terms of journos too.  It's a piss take of a situation but we've seen what happens to journalists that make life even the slightest bit uncomfortable for Ashley, they get banned from the ground.

I have massive sympathy for The Chronicle/Journal, they used to be half-decent (not amazing or anything) when NUFC wasn't run by fucking petty arseholes.

Dude, they've been like that since the SBR days, so it goes way beyond Ashley's dictatorship. Talking up the local heroes/bullshitters and taking cheap digs wherever possible at the easy targets, even if they happen to be the real reason the team has prospered. There's a balance to be found in maintaining their local privileges while presenting a semblance of truth and they've never come close to it. Cunts.

I think this is harsh for reasons we've gone over on here a hundred times.  They couldn't sell papers if they didn't have access to matches and press conferences and since our club is basically Communist Russia they have no choice but to toe the line.  That possibly limits their options in terms of journos too.  It's a p*ss take of a situation but we've seen what happens to journalists that make life even the slightest bit uncomfortable for Ashley, they get banned from the ground.

I have massive sympathy for The Chronicle/Journal, they used to be half-decent (not amazing or anything) when NUFC wasn't run by f***ing petty arseholes.

Dude, they've been like that since the SBR days, so it goes way beyond Ashley's dictatorship. Talking up the local heroes/bullshitters and taking cheap digs wherever possible at the easy targets, even if they happen to be the real reason the team has prospered. There's a balance to be found in maintaining their local privileges while presenting a semblance of truth and they've never come close to it. c***s.

:thup:

Completely agree. For the most part they are sheep with zero journalistic integrity.

Guest Howaythetoon

He tried to buy Goal.com but was told to fuck off by its owners so he set up SDN in protest, only it has zero credibility and always will have.

Dude, they've been like that since the SBR days, so it goes way beyond Ashley's dictatorship. Talking up the local heroes/bullshitters and taking cheap digs wherever possible at the easy targets, even if they happen to be the real reason the team has prospered. There's a balance to be found in maintaining their local privileges while presenting a semblance of truth and they've never come close to it. Cunts.

Anal Oliver used to always give good ratings to those who always gave him interviews even if they were awful.

Might as well just get shot of them then, no value in a local press by the sounds of it.  Your gripes don't seem that major to me, sure there were annoyances such as those described but there were also decent editorials, transfer stories and opinion pieces.  It's gone now, there's no point in it and it's another reflection on those now in charge of the club. 

Local journos used to favour those players more willing to give interviews, they are now terrified to do anything but spout club propaganda.  Big difference.

The club always has had the local press over the barrel, the slightest ill remark and they could have access removed and they were done for in a one club city. A very good journalist might be able to manage, but the local rags will never afford one.

It's all very well just saying it's all the papers fault but they're basically in an impossible situation, the club could probably tell them who to employ and they would in order to keep the one thing they may have that every other paper does, access, and now sports direct news takes that away.