Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems no-one, not even Pardew expects to get anything other than a hiding at Man City.

Yet Ashley stills sticks by him, and insults us further by putting Kinnear at ready.

It's gonna be a long, depressing season.  :weep:

What has pardews said to suggest he expects us to get a hiding?

Guest Phil K

Seems no-one, not even Pardew expects to get anything other than a hiding at Man City.

Yet Ashley stills sticks by him, and insults us further by putting Kinnear at ready.

You're right. Maybe I see other meanings behind the words !

Just that useless b****** brings out the worst in me !  ;D

(I see "It's going to be tough" as "OH MY GOD !!! WE'RE DOOMED ! DOOMED !")

Krul

Debuchy MYM  Colo Santon

Cabaye  Sissoko

HBA      Marv      Gouffran

Cisse

We'll get severely butt raped but may as well have a go.No chance it will be that team though

Krul

MYM Taylor Colo Dummett

HBA Tiote Cabaye Sissoko Gouffran

Cisse

Just relax  :) it will be tough. There won't be many teams take points at city. Just need to put in a decent performance so provide some positivity for west ham.

Might be a cliche but I think if there's a good time to play them, then this is it.

Disagree. Sounds from their camp are frightening. Rather catch them when between trying to get out of the CL group stages (not that I think our chances would be especially high then).

Just relax  :) it will be tough. There won't be many teams take points at city. Just need to put in a decent performance so provide some positivity for west ham.

I agree, we've got to get beat there at some stage in the season so might as well get it over with but at least have a go.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Coloccini Santon

Cabaye Tiote

Ben Arfa Sissoko Gutierrez

Cisse

Is what I'm expecting.

So exactly the same as last season main line up.

Guest bimpy474

I expect us to lose but at least lets have a go, and not shamefully giving the result up like Pardew admitted doing last time.

Might be a cliche but I think if there's a good time to play them, then this is it.

Disagree. Sounds from their camp are frightening. Rather catch them when between trying to get out of the CL group stages (not that I think our chances would be especially high then).

Not for me. First game of the year, you aren't 'mAtch fit', new manager, new players. It's a good a time as any for me.

Guest bimpy474

I expect us to lose but at least lets have a go, and not shamefully giving the result up like Pardew admitted doing last time.

We were atrocious at City last season like.

I think i hated this defeat more than the home ones at the end of the season for some reason. This game was one where i thought we played to lose (lose, as in not by too many).

Pardew should have been ashamed of it.

They come from a pre-season where they played A.C Milan, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, won the premier league Asia trophy and had a mini tour of South Africa, we played a couple of Scottish and Portuguese bottom half sides and a couple of lower league sides.  don't expect anything other than complete destruction.

With Pardew's hero out with the "buttock" injury I fully expect a midfield of either

Cabaye Tiote                                                  cabaye    tiote

Sissoko        Ben Arfa                  or              Ben Arfa    Sissoko  Sammy

Both are wrong in my opinion.

They come from a pre-season where they played A.C Milan, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, won the premier league Asia trophy and had a mini tour of South Africa, we played a couple of Scottish and Portuguese bottom half sides and a couple of lower league sides.  don't expect anything other than complete destruction.

The Portuguese teams we played finished 3rd, 4th and 6th last season. Not exactly bottom half.