Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2-0 loss with City missing many other chances

Yeah I see something like that, with a controversial goal/offside/penalty decision against us which Pardew will use as an excuse.

The fact that city waste so many opportunities is my reason for thinking the scoreline will at least remain respectable. We will create a couple of half chances, but nothing to shout about.

At least Anita would be a bit more composed on the ball. We will get murdered if Tiote keeps making sloppy passes and gives away possession in the middle. I still fully expect Tiote of start of course.

Don't get me wrong, I do think Anita needs to be playing but I don't think I've seen Anita play enough to be sure he's all that good. I've liked a lot, thought he can be muscled out a game too and just flat out haven't seen enough yet.

He's certainly promising and I'd probably prefer playing with 10 men than playing with Tiote in the team (well 8 men if Jonas and Shola are meant to be playing as well) but I'm not totally confident Anita has settled at all (not givne the chance) and if he will.

Blue Moon

I see nothing but a convincing win with a convincing performance to boot. 4-0 City

If we start the same way we did against AC Milan, then it could be all over by half time, not to downplay Newcastle's chances, even if they man mark Navas with 2 players, we have plenty others to utilise the space. Yaya and Fernand will run the midfield.

WIth some of our new players a totally unknown entity in the Prem, it might take a half for Newcastle to get a grip on the game, and as I said, if we hit the ground running we should win comfortably, but I'll go for a conservative 3-0.

It should be a comfortable home win. The advantage is we've had 3-4 games to bed in all the new players and get players like Richards and Rodwell playing again. Im hoping we hit the ground running. The defense should be solid once again and I cant see us leaking any more than maybe 1 goal. At the other end it could be a hatful but then again we may have to tackle our first bus.

First game of the season is always a bit of an unknown. We should have too much for Newcastle whatever, but there's always that bit of doubt. It' s what makes football interesting. We get form under the new regime and the realists will get confident too. But at the moment, I can't feel as certain as some that we will comfortably win this game

Can't remember being so unethused for the first game of the season. No new signings, no change of system/stlye to look forward to you'd imagine, pretty much no chance of winning

:sadnod:

2-0 down early doors, another late on. Our manager will claim a moral victory due to them being the best side ever.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Man City 6-0 Newcastle.

Pardew will talk about how we've not had enough time to gel together as a team, and that Man City are a much stronger outfit than we are, that we were unfortunate to be missing Loyek our new signing and that he's hopeful of at least getting "one more over the line" before the window shuts.

We'll sign no one.

The longer Anita doesn't play the better he gets!

But seriously, haven't seen him really step up to the plate when he has little time on the ball. I vaguely recall him jumping with Yaya Toure for a header last season and still chuckling about it five minutes later.

Guest bimpy474

It's more Pardew's team selection and tactics that i'm more depressed about, than the actual result i expect. Mainly because i know his approach will be just, urgh.

Proper bastard fixture to start the season with the more I think about it - would be good if the players could put the late-season humpings out of their mind, and start the season with a clean slate and bit more zeal, ambition and that - but starting against Citeh will just make this feel like a continuation from 2012/13!

Blue Moon

I see nothing but a convincing win with a convincing performance to boot. 4-0 City

If we start the same way we did against AC Milan, then it could be all over by half time, not to downplay Newcastle's chances, even if they man mark Navas with 2 players, we have plenty others to utilise the space. Yaya and Fernand will run the midfield.

WIth some of our new players a totally unknown entity in the Prem, it might take a half for Newcastle to get a grip on the game, and as I said, if we hit the ground running we should win comfortably, but I'll go for a conservative 3-0.

It should be a comfortable home win. The advantage is we've had 3-4 games to bed in all the new players and get players like Richards and Rodwell playing again. Im hoping we hit the ground running. The defense should be solid once again and I cant see us leaking any more than maybe 1 goal. At the other end it could be a hatful but then again we may have to tackle our first bus.

First game of the season is always a bit of an unknown. We should have too much for Newcastle whatever, but there's always that bit of doubt. It' s what makes football interesting. We get form under the new regime and the realists will get confident too. But at the moment, I can't feel as certain as some that we will comfortably win this game

Can't argue with any of it.

It's more Pardew's team selection and tactics that i'm more depressed about, than the actual result i expect. Mainly because i know his approach will be just be urgh.

:thup:

Same approach, different season.

Other than the City away game, was their anything particularly wrong with the way we set up against the top 6 away last season?

Man U - gave it a good go, could have drawn.

Man C - horrible

Chelsea - outplayed by a better team

Arsenal - similar to Man U for 60 minutes and then anhilated

Spurs - did ok until Bale tore Colo and Taylor a new one

Everton - got it horribly wrong for the first 45, were good the next 45