Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Other than the City away game, was their anything particularly wrong with the way we set up against the top 6 away last season?

Man U - gave it a good go, could have drawn.

Man C - horrible

Chelsea - outplayed by a better team

Arsenal - similar to Man U for 60 minutes and then anhilated

Spurs - did ok until Bale tore Colo and Taylor a new one

Everton - got it horribly wrong for the first 45, were good the next 45

we seem to developed a mental block about City in particular and not just Pardew going way back even before they got rich we just did shite against them while we've been the rest of those in recent times.

Can't see anything but a home win but who knows maybe we'll catch them off guard as they try to settle new players into the prem

Other than the City away game, was their anything particularly wrong with the way we set up against the top 6 away last season?

Man C - horrible

We were outplayed because we sat back and allowed them to outplay us, we did the complete opposite in the reverse fixture and beat them.

Guest bimpy474

Man C - horrible

we seem to developed a mental block about City in particular and not just Pardew going way back even before they got rich we just did shite against them while we've been the rest of those in recent times.

Can't see anything but a home win but who knows maybe we'll catch them off guard as they try to settle new players into the prem

First season back we were robbed, we played really well. Hatem's leg was broke that game. They were given a penalty that shouldn't have been one, and we were denied one that was a stonewaller.

Under Hughton that game, every game under Pardew against them has been weak as piss, and last season away was a disgraceful performance and admission from the manager about it.

1-2 win for us!

A crazy game that will set us all off, high as kites, for the coming season. A season which will then break all our hearts, all too quickly.

Pretty much last season's opener then.

Look he's had all summer to think about the first few matches, needs to set the team up right to cope with Man City's talent and execute some counter attacking football. If we can nick a goal from some magic (:lol: meaning Cabaye, HBA, or Cisse then) and have some of that work-man resolve that we showed the 5th place season we can get a result there. The defeatist mentality has to stop this season - we were our best when AP showed confidence and swagger about us, and it flowed through the team. We had some brilliant high pressure team orientated performances that yes, had some magic in there to win us matches (Ba being that guy for us).

Bring it on man, its about time the season kicked off.

I've never went into a season so unenthuistastic as this.  Guess this what Ashley and Co do to us.

Yeah I'm sort of mixed about it man, I'm kinda excited just b/c football is back and the coverage by NBC over here will be awesome - but at same time, I'm of course nervous about our season - sort of know its happening and just around the corner so might as well get it going.

I thought I wouldn't look forward to this season at all, but I really am now. It's football, played by Newcastle, in the top division, that's pretty much exciting enough on it's own really. At least before the reality sets in.

I'm not looking forward to this specific game like obviously, we gonna get merked.

I thought I wouldn't look forward to this season at all, but I really am now. It's football, played by Newcastle, in the top division, that's pretty much exciting enough on it's own really. At least before the reality sets in.

I'm not looking forward to this specific game like obviously, we gonna get merked.

:snod:

And the pub of course.

I can't wait for the season to start. The Summer is insufferable (from a football point of view).

I've never went into a season so unenthuistastic as this.  Guess this what Ashley and Co do to us.

Everytime I look at a fixture I can't see us winning it. :lol: I can't even look at the so called lesser teams and think we'll beat them now after last season. Obviously we will win games, but who the fuck knows which ones.

Really hope we play Colo and Yanga-Mbiwa in this. All their strikers are about clever movement. We'll need intelligent defending out there, and Yanga-Mbiwa's pace to rescue us now and again.

Really hope we play Colo and Yanga-Mbiwa in this. All their strikers are about clever movement. We'll need intelligent defending out there, and Yanga-Mbiwa's pace to rescue us now and again.

Bold statement to make, there's a few Taylor lovers on here. But i agree.

Guest Roger Kint

The fact that tickets are still available for this tells you pretty much all you need to know.

That its £45 for a match shown live on a Monday night? If it was sensibly priced or at least on the weekend it would have sold out pretty quickly regardless of our lack of spending or that we will be thoroughly twatted.

Depends who they play, surely? Dzeko and Negredo are big, powerful lads.

Those two both have some physicality, yes. However, that's not what their main threat is at all.

We'd better have defenders out there who are clever, and who move well, or they will tear us to pieces. We will definitely need Yanga-Mbiwa's recovery speed, no doubt.

The fact that tickets are still available for this tells you pretty much all you need to know.

- No investment

- Shit Manager

- Poor tactics

- Inevitable beating

- On sky, Monday night, £'000 a ticket

Exactly. There's no excitement factor about the start of a new season and it's a real shame.

- No investment

- Shit Manager

- Poor tactics

- Inevitable beating

- On sky, Monday night, £'000 a ticket

Exactly. There's no excitement factor about the start of a new season and it's a real shame.

Good job then that if you wanted to go on the off chance you couldn't because you won't be a member :thup: