Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

The fact that tickets are still available for this tells you pretty much all you need to know.

- No investment

- Shit Manager

- Poor tactics

- Inevitable beating

- On sky, Monday night, £'000 a ticket

Exactly. There's no excitement factor about the start of a new season and it's a real shame.

Good job then that if you wanted to go on the off chance you couldn't because you won't be a member :thup:

Easy excuse to ask for smaller allocations = less work for the box office staff = less staff to pay.  Guess who wins again.....

Guest reefatoon

I might have to finish work a little earlier for this one, so I can get absolutely steaming for it, because I do not want to watch this one sober with Shola starting and us probably getting bent over 6 - 0.

A shit load of drink might ease the pain.

Everyone is expecting us to lose this one. They have been leaking goals pre season, they have a manager who is not used to the premiership, so we should just go for them from the off. It may prove a good time to play them. Without Remy or Gomis we surely can't go two up top when we have the wealth of midfielders that we do. At the very least the team below should be able to create some goal scoring opportunities. No point having two strikers if they have next to no opportunities.

Cabaye should be up for this one. Needs to show how good he is.

Krul

Debuchy    Taylor Colo      Santon

Tiote

Cabaye      Sissoko

Ben Arfa                            Marveaux/Gouffran

Cisse

Guest reefatoon

Everyone is expecting us to lose this one. They have been leaking goals pre season, they have a manager who is not used to the premiership, so we should just go for them from the off. It may prove a good time to play them. Without Remy or Gomis we surely can't go two up top when we have the wealth of midfielders that we do. At the very least the team below should be able to create some goal scoring opportunities. No point having two strikers if they have next to no opportunities.

Krul

Tiote

Cabaye      Sissoko

Cisse

you are right we should, but we won't. We will sit back and try and hold out. So expect to be 1 - 0 after 10 mins, and all plans shot to bits.

Guest Phil K

I've never went into a season so unenthuistastic as this.  Guess this what Ashley and Co do to us.

This is word for word how I feel too, I'd say also "pessimistic" I AM expecting the worst - also expecting us to lose more players before transfer deadline far more than getting players in.

Guest neesy111

I've never went into a season so unenthuistastic as this.  Guess this what Ashley and Co do to us.

This is word for word how I feel too, I'd say also "pessimistic" I AM expecting the worst - also expecting us to lose more players before transfer deadline far more than getting players in.

I think a few words coming under this.

Pessimistic, Apathetic, unenthusiastic.

Everyone is expecting us to lose this one. They have been leaking goals pre season...............

I agree with everything you say but the problem is we can't score goals ourselves. It would require, as you go on to say, for us (pardew) to change our mentality and attack teams more and really go for it which we just don't unfortunately.

Guest reefatoon

I'll be in Hong Kong for this one.  Staying up for a 3am kick off to watch us get humped in an overpriced bar filled with glory hunting foreign fans.  It's what dreams are made of.

Wish I was in Hong Kong for it, would cheer me up no end, love the place.

I'll be in Hong Kong for this one.  Staying up for a 3am kick off to watch us get humped in an overpriced bar filled with glory hunting foreign fans.  It's what dreams are made of.

Wish I was in Hong Kong for it, would cheer me up no end, love the place.

I don't mind bits of it but for the most part it gets on my tits.  Too crowded and closed in and so fucking expensive.

Krul

Tiote

Cabaye      Sissoko

Cisse

like it, but i would like Mbiwa to start the season as a regular next to colo.

The fact that tickets are still available for this tells you pretty much all you need to know.

- No investment

- Shit Manager

- Poor tactics

- Inevitable beating

Exactly. There's no excitement factor about the start of a new season and it's a real shame.

Good job then that if you wanted to go on the off chance you couldn't because you won't be a member :thup:

I don't get why you're attacking me for stating that it's difficult to get excited about this season? It's not like I'm revelling in that fact, it saddens me, but it's the truth.

We will set up for this match as if we were Accrington Stanley against them in the FA Cup 4-4-2 with Shola and Cisse up front may as well be a 4-4-1. After all, we're apparently just tiny minnows just hoping to make it respectable against a juggernaut. Fully expect a scrappy affair for 20-30 min, then a goal for them which opens the floodgates.

Would at least like us to have a go but I know we can't do that against a sovereign state. Just proud we can even share a pitch with the likes of them for 90 min tbh.

- No investment

- Shit Manager

- Poor tactics

- Inevitable beating

I don't get why you're attacking me for stating that it's difficult to get excited about this season? It's not like I'm revelling in that fact, it saddens me, but it's the truth.

Sarcastic comment fella, wasn't having a pop at all.

Guest reefatoon

Those expecting another Pardew inspired suicide raise their hands.....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/WildeRebellion/Gifs/raisehands.gif

Not sure about the Pards or Kinnear bit but he's definitely not the most positive chap about :lol:

Some people really seem to hate football, not sure why they follow it. Seems far too painful.

Not sure about the Pards or Kinnear bit but he's definitely not the most positive chap about :lol:

Some people really seem to hate football, not sure why they follow it. Seems far too painful.

Pards can send out whatever team on paper - but if he had the lads believing in themselves and their own ability we're a million times better for it. The guys like Cabaye, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Sissoko etc. should be told in training to just have at Man City and show the world their talent(s). Some positivity would go a long way for these lot.