Playstation 2 advice

Guest Magnetic North

Guest Magnetic North

FAO all you obese, time-wasting Playstation geeks  :winking:

My 7 yr old son wants a Playstation 2 for Christmas. He'll be fine with it I guess - footy games, shoot 'em up games etc., but how appropriate would it be for my 5 yr old daughter to share? She's very girly so you can imagine the kind of things she would like. Is it too advanced for her and are there many girly games available? I've noticed an irritating-looking pop sing-along one.

I've never had any interest in games like this so sock it to me lads - what do you reckon? Thanks.

Not the brand new PS3?  Or did you tell him no for that?

I think the last generation of consoles (Gamecube, XBox, and PS2) are much more complicated than what came before, and was probably the first generation of consoles that little kids can't really have that much fun with.  I have a sister who's 4 or 5 years older than that, and she can't really play the PS2 either.

There are few games which I'd imagine would be alright for her. I'd recommend buying a dance mat or something with it and buying one of the dance games.

aye, all them dance mat & singstar and all that shat. Bags of family fun. If you wanna look retarded as a family, buy Eyetoy and you have to jump about on the spot and throw your arms in random directions... and other equally as embarrasing activities, great for the photo album in years ahead.

Get a Wii, family console tbh...full of kids games.

Is really the best option, especially for what age your kid are.

Not really.. Seeing as it's for a christmas present.. A very slim chance of finding one of these anywhere for christmas.

Get a Wii, family console tbh...full of kids games.

Is really the best option, especially for what age your kid are.

Not really.. Seeing as it's for a christmas present.. A very slim chance of finding one of these anywhere for christmas.

The Wii's wont be in the crazy demand the 360 was, you'll be able to get one before xmas imo.

http://www.wiifind.co.uk/buywii.html?gclid=CKDG35HP-YgCFRMWVgodrHV4yg

Plenty of places still taking pre-orders.

My local game shop has plenty coming in, they expect no problem.

Magnetic if you do a search re google for what ps2 games are available for girls you will be pleasently suprised. Hope this helps.