How old are you?

Bowie

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm finding it more and more worrying that I'm starting to think of the likes of 38 not being that old at all. I remember when my parents were that age ffs.

That's worrying? Surely more worrying if it was the other way around?

FWIW, I don't really feel that old at 40. I can't really fathom how I'm there already tbh, as the kids will still be in school when I'm in my mid-50s. Ouch.

I'm finding it more and more worrying that I'm starting to think of the likes of 38 not being that old at all. I remember when my parents were that age ffs.

I've recently started to become worried now that I've turned 25 (May). :lol: I'm 30 in 5 years and I'm doing fuck all with my life. I should be starting a career or something now but I've only done dead end jobs and self employed ventures up until now. When I was younger I always thought I'd be in a strong relationship and career when I'm 30, and I could still be, but it's getting so close. :lol: Maybe I'm just being weird though. :lol: The only thing I've really achieved so far is a degree.

I've recently started to become worried now that I've turned 25 (May). :lol: I'm 30 in 5 years and I'm doing fuck all with my life. I should be starting a career or something now but I've only done dead end jobs and self employed ventures up until now. When I was younger I always thought I'd be in a strong relationship and career when I'm 30, and I could still be, but it's getting so close. :lol: Maybe I'm just being weird though. :lol: The only thing I've really achieved so far is a degree.

I find time passes way faster than whatever plans I make for my future takes to happen Soon we're all dead.. :undecided:

Nah man, that's the exact same as me. I haven't even got a degree either. Got a fair few other qualifications though, just not any that could potentially cost 9 grand a fucking year.

Nah man, that's the exact same as me. I haven't even got a degree either. Got a fair few other qualifications though, just not any that could potentially cost 9 grand a f***ing year.

In the last five years - i.e., since turning 35 - I've met my wife, emigrated to the US, got married (twice - but to the same person), learned to drive, had two children, got a degree (my first), started an entirely new career and am in the process of buying a new house. If you'd told me five years ago that I'd be here right now I'd have laughed in your face.

The first time I felt old was my 27th birthday, for some reason. On my 30th, I just felt good - like I knew myself. There's still plenty of time for your life to change beyond recognition!

I'm 27 and have done f*** all so far. Been in the university for 4 years and I've done like 1/3 of the necessary courses for the degree. And I don't even want to be there or have any idea where I would want to work when I have grown up.

Edit. Maybe my life isn't totally wasted after reading leffe's post. :thup: :lol:

I've got an interview for a shite job that could potentially lead to a good career on Wednesday n'all. Wish I could just adopt the approach of seeing if they can impress me enough about the company and role to wanna be willing to work on shit money for a year or two. Rather than just feeling the pressure to just get any job asap.

I'm 27 and have done f*** all so far. Been in the university for 4 years and I've done like 1/3 of the necessary courses for the degree. And I don't even want to be there or have any idea where I would want to work when I have grown up.

Edit. Maybe my life isn't totally wasted after reading leffe's post. :thup: :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, I dropped out first time round. That said, I was 20, and a twat. Less of an excuse in the late 20s ;).

Seriously, try not to fuck about too much. I got incredibly lucky, and arguably wasted a lot of my life. I don't regret anything, but bloody hell, I could have been a bit more efficient :lol:. It's worth getting through your degree as quickly as possible now you're 27, as that gives you more time to work out what you want to do. When I finally went back to school I chose a Nursing degree because I knew there was likely to be a job at the other end. I didn't have any room for error as I was, well, old - I needed to have a plan or else we were screwed. Luckily I managed to get a job fairly quickly, and so we aren't homeless etc.

Everyone's different, obviously. My two best friends - one of whom is my wife - suggested that nursing would fit me as a career, and a lot of lucky charms fell into place. I don't know if your degree is what you want to do with the rest of your life, but if you get it done before you're 30 then you're several years ahead of me already. Plenty of chances to change direction after that.