WWE 2K14

alexf

From what I've read they are making refinements to the gameplay with this one but I think it's a case of papering over the cracks as much as they can. Too much of the current games are built upon the rocky foundations of the old Smackdown games. The core 1 vs 1 match has never been great in my opinion and since everything else builds upon that it makes for an average game.

Hopefully 2K can sort out the half arsed job Yukes do with most of the features. Majority of the gimmick matches need refreshing, the AI in 3-way/4-way matches could do with work and things like the triple threat tag team matches should be restored.

It's frustrating as the WWE games promise plenty and almost deliver but just seem to fall short every year.

I used to have an awesome wrestling game for the PS1 can't remember the name wasn't linked to any Franchise or snything, just made up people.  They should look at the mechanics first make it more interesting then add all the crap in and instead of the bullshit road to wrestlemania crap etc, they should just make it a career game with random feuds and some predefined storylines, but mainly make it so you can dictate the feuds.

So only 15ish current wrestlers?

There still announcing the roster bit by bit. So far it's been mainly ones from the wrestlemania mode but eventually their will probs be around 50 "legends" and 50 "current" if it's anything like last year.

Just being reading up on the latest info and trailers and it all looks good.

Its a shame the engine is still shit because the story mode sounds good and the roster looks immense as well.

I just can't be playing a game which is still a PS2 game at its core from a physics, animations, graphics and gameplay point of view.

Hope they consider designing a new engine for next gen, game has potential but the engine is holding it back.

Just being reading up on the latest info and trailers and it all looks good.

Its a shame the engine is still shit because the story mode sounds good and the roster looks immense as well.

I just can't be playing a game which is still a PS2 game at its core from a physics, animations, graphics and gameplay point of view.

Hope they consider designing a new engine for next gen, game has potential but the engine is holding it back.

I'd imagine that is the long term aim now that 2K have taken over. It was probably way to sort notice for this year though so it looks like they have to whacked together a pretty awesome roster and fine tuned a few things and will probably make major changes next year instead.