Newcastle-Online: The Sitcom (aka The SEMTEX Show)

Tomato Deuce

I could see Kubiak from Parker Lewis Can't Lose playing Ronaldo

Deuce for some odd reason gets Neil Patrick Harris.

Oakie Doke = Bill Murray

Mick would be the mother in Golden Girls

Mr. Logic is fucking Kirk Cameron, the fucking zealot :)

Cajun DOES NOT get Benedict Cumberbatch

Mike, you're Erkil.

Quakes is obviously the villain from Karate Kid (Ronaldo could be the Cobra Kai sensei, come to think of it)

oh, and obviously bimpy gets the dude from Lost Boys...Alex Winter

scratch that. Mike is Robert Downey Jr.  Not the Tropic Thunder one, but the Less Than Zero one.  You know, the one who they just put a camera on when he was fucked up hoping he would suck a dick or two for drug money (I don't think he even knew he was in Less Than Zero at the time).

I'm not sure the world is ready for a sitcom based on a bunch of dudes sitting at their computers posting on a football forum.

Scene 1. B-More Mag lying on the couch in his underwear, browsing N-O on his iPad.

B-More Mag [voiceover of internal monologue]: Motherfucker just called that muffin a scone! What the fuck? . . . womblemaster post, skip . . . What the fuck is that dude pulling out of his nose? What the fuck is wrong with you, man? . . . Oh shit, I've got the best reply to this motherfucker's post. [Feverishly types.] I am the funniest fucker up in this forum. People are gonna be pissing themselves. I'm punctuating this shit with an : l o l : smiley . . .

Cut to clock spinning through hours. Thread has gone dead. B-More Mag drops head in shame. Cue laugh track with hearty guffaws.

I'm not sure the world is ready for a sitcom based on a bunch of dudes sitting at their computers posting on a football forum.

Scene 1. B-More Mag lying on the couch in his underwear, browsing N-O on his iPad.

B-More Mag [voiceover of internal monologue]: Motherfucker just called that muffin a scone! What the fuck? . . . womblemaster post, skip . . . What the fuck is that dude pulling out of his nose? What the fuck is wrong with you, man? . . . Oh shit, I've got the best reply to this motherfucker's post. [Feverishly types.] I am the funniest fucker up in this forum. People are gonna be pissing themselves. I'm punctuating this shit with an : l o l : smiley . . .

Cut to clock spinning through hours. Thread has gone dead. B-More Mag drops head in shame. Cue laugh track with hearty guffaws.

:clap:

Come to think of it...Deuce, hang your head in shame.  This sitcom idea a shit one, and deserves a tribunal.

I was thinking more along the lines of, "Here's Rocker fisting some bar wench," or "Here's Froggy rimming insects again." Not "Here's a bunch of dudes and Jill sitting around on a forum."

A The League approach where the forum is the common denominator on how the characters know eachother could work given how quite a few of the Newcastle based posters have actually started hanging out quite often. Throw in a visit from a black New Yorker not knowing the language spoken even if it's in theory the same as his and you've got a basic episode plot. "The Forum hates America", episode title and everything.