FM 2014

http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/football-manager-2014-new-features-the-complete-list/

Looking forward to some of the new player roles after finally doing some reading about it.

There will be no less than 8 new player roles in FM 2014: half back, target flank man, limited full back, complete wing back, enganche, regista, false nine, shadow striker.

Limited Full Back - knows his strengths and weaknesses and focuses predominantly on his defensive duties, scarcely going forward into a more attacking role.

Complete Wing Back - loves to attack, and whilst he is capable of occupying his defensive duties, his natural inclination is to affect the game in the opposition’s defensive third.

Half Back - looks to serve a role somewhere between that of an aggressive sweeper and a defensive midfielder. With a half back, the central defenders themselves will push higher up the pitch while the half back drops deeper than a standard defensive midfielder and, in addition to his defensive duties, looks to offer an outlet for quickly recycling possession when the team’s attacking play breaks down.

Regista - a more aggressive version of the deep-lying playmaker suitable for possession-orientated systems that press high up the pitch. Given complete freedom to dictate play from deep positions, the regista offers a dynamic and unpredictable creative outlet from behind the attack who seeks to maintain intense pressure by constantly looking for new chances as his more advanced teammates get into goal scoring positions.

Enganche - the side’s prime creator, a hook that joins midfield and attack and operates behind the strikers and a playmaker who sticks to his position and becomes a pivot to his team as they move around him. It differs to the trequartista, who likes to roam from his position, drifting around and looking for space between the lines.

Flank Forward – (Wide Target Man) will be the main outlet for clearances and long balls from the back. Ideally positioned against a smaller and weaker full-back, he will be asked to get hold of the ball and keep it before recycling it to a team-mate.

Shadow Striker - operates as the team’s main goalscoring threat. Usually coupled with a deep-lying forward, the shadow striker aggressively pushes forward into goalscoring positions as the ball moves into the final third and looks to close down opposing defenders when out of possession.

False Nine - similar to a more advanced attacking midfielder/playmaker role, is an unconventional lone striker or centre-forward who drops deep into midfield. The purpose of this is that it creates a problem for opposing central defenders who can either follow him, leaving space behind them for onrushing midfielders, forwards or wingers to exploit, or leave him to have time and space to dribble or pick out a pass.

so they finally found a role for Danny Simpson just after we release him  :tickedoff:

Guest bimpy474

Most decent thing so far. You can set up a position, then add players to it and adjust things to suit the individual players. IE : Say you set an overall position as DM with your set instructions. You add Cabaye for example to the position and can then change his role to DLP, and adjust his settings to suit.

Pick any other player there and he plays with the DM settings. Cabaye plays with your custom settings when selected.

Excellent addition to tactics, no sliders anymore either.

Mike Ashley's cuntishness translates quite well to FM 14 it seems.... wont give me the money to buy Remy permanently :( :angry:

I tweaked Ashley's stats for FM14 to try and reflect him as more of a tight arse

Ambition is now down to 6

Controversy is now up to 15

Playing this now. Skin burns my eyes.

Other than that it looks quite an improvement.

How's it an improvement Kaz?

Trying to hold off on the Beta but no doubt I'll crack. :lol:

Last year the beta game I played was one of the best games I had since it went to FM series. Dunno why, just really grabbed me and didnt let go for at least 8 seasons which isn't like me.

Playing this now. Skin burns my eyes.

Other than that it looks quite an improvement.

How's it an improvement Kaz?

Trying to hold off on the Beta but no doubt I'll crack. :lol:

Hard to put my finger on really. Mostly it seems like minor stuff that just makes everything flow better, like how the press conferences are done in the news feed now rather than its own screen. Interactions between players/staff and so on also seems to be working better. Players seem to respond to what you're telling them in team talks and (so far) the match engine does not appear to be as broken as usual. In general it just... feels better. I played FM 13 yesterday and the difference is apparent, yet I don't fully know exactly why. :lol:

But we don't owe him that, it's a bollocks amount. Why do we owe him the loan and what he paid for the club? We owe him for buying us? Always find a way to screw us over does FM.

I think that it's a way of neutering some teams who otherwise would accumulate massive amounts of cash really quickly

Been told this is indeed due to what Ashley paid for the club, although no idea why its been added by SI and also without consulting me first.

The £133m represents Ashley’s initial outlay, which I imagine that he’d want to see recouped were he to step down.  I’m also pretty sure that once/if Newcastle start making money, he’ll be calling in the rest of those loans, bit by bit, won’t he?  The large amount of money that he has put in is why he can’t walk away, isn’t it (ditto Short at Sunderland and Lerner at Villa)?

Been told this is indeed due to what Ashley paid for the club, although no idea why its been added by SI and also without consulting me first.

The £133m represents Ashley’s initial outlay, which I imagine that he’d want to see recouped were he to step down.  I’m also pretty sure that once/if Newcastle start making money, he’ll be calling in the rest of those loans, bit by bit, won’t he?  The large amount of money that he has put in is why he can’t walk away, isn’t it (ditto Short at Sunderland and Lerner at Villa)?

:idiot2: so they made up a figure which isn't actually in the accounts (ever) and saying just cause and so they're making the assumption that someone would pay the 200m whatever figure it is on the game (just to repay "debts") and whatever asking price ashley has. He's a dick but thats just stupid