Worst Places in the U.K.

Shays Given Tim Flowers

Having had a bit of a chat in our office about this this morning I thought I would start my first ever thread.

Basically details of the worst places you have visited in the UK.

I'll get the ball rolling with Derby. A few good friends of mine from Uni live there and work for Rolls Royce and with it being fairly central it tends to be a good place for us to congregate.

Every trip I have made I have encountered unpleasantness from the citizens. Once went straight there from work so was still in my suit. Met my friends in town. We were in a pub (not a dive by any accounts), I went for a piss and had someone block my way to the urinal to call me a red tied cunt. This was only about 9.00pm.

I can remember going to watch some football in a pub on a Saturday. It was the Man Utd v City game that finished 6-1. We were watching it on a big screen TV. 5th goal went in for City and some Man Utd fan preceded to spit a huge greeny on the top of the screen that went on to dribble its way down the screen for the next 15 minutes.

I once had to catch a bus from the train station to East Midlands Airport. Sat by an old man who continually swore and made racist remarks the whole journey. It really is a place full of strange and aggressive people.

Pretty poor opener to the thread but I think there is potential. Apologies if NWOAT.

In no particular order:

Doncaster

Blackburn

Barnsley

Rhyl

Would normally include Hull in this list but at least it appears to have the odd thing to do there, probably the worst city though.

Having had a bit of a chat in our office about this this morning I thought I would start my first ever thread.

Basically details of the worst places you have visited in the UK.

I'll get the ball rolling with Derby. A few good friends of mine from Uni live there and work for Rolls Royce and with it being fairly central it tends to be a good place for us to congregate.

Every trip I have made I have encountered unpleasantness from the citizens. Once went straight there from work so was still in my suit. Met my friends in town. We were in a pub (not a dive by any accounts), I went for a piss and had someone block my way to the urinal to call me a red tied cunt. This was only about 9.00pm.

I can remember going to watch some football in a pub on a Saturday. It was the Man Utd v City game that finished 6-1. We were watching it on a big screen TV. 5th goal went in for City and some Man Utd fan preceded to spit a huge greeny on the top of the screen that went on to dribble its way down the screen for the next 15 minutes.

I once had to catch a bus from the train station to East Midlands Airport. Sat by an old man who continually swore and made racist remarks the whole journey. It really is a place full of strange and aggressive people.

Pretty poor opener to the thread but I think there is potential. Apologies if NWOAT.

That's proper tickled me :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Doncaster is a shout, like. Absolutely fuck all there, and the people are the worst of the worst. Unfortunately have to go there quite often with work.

Some absolutely shit-tips in the North East n all but most of them are fairly small and inconsequential so not much they can do about it unfortunately, particularly the old mining communities.

Coventry. WW2 did it no favours, like.

Yeah, have only been to Coventry a couple of times but it seemed pretty bloody awful.

Wolverhampton and Dudley are again, terrible.

My Dad bought a washing machine on ebay from Dudley. We had to drive up there and wait around on this shifty as fuck housing estate. We had to wait for ages and ages supposedly for a 'big guy with an afro' to let us into a house that didn't belong to him. Apparently he was a friend of the owner. Worst thing was on the first trip he didn't turn up so we actually had to make two trips.

Also 2 hours stuck in Dudley wasn't the best.

http://www.lexallan.co.uk/uploads/1919977_111.JPG

Blackpool is an absolute shit hole.

Blackpool is a toilet. Even as a twenty year old i hated it. I remember drinking in the tower lounge one year watching a lass getting fingered at 4pm. 4am it's still just as wrong but at least there's the excuse of drinking all day, but 4pm? The football results haven't came in yet.

As someone who has lived in Coventry all of my life, I can safely say that WW2 has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Coventry is a shithole. After the rebuilding after the War of the City Centre,  Coventry City Centre actually looked the best it has ever done. The blame for this must go to the planners who designed the latest modernisation circa 1990 and made an utter bollocks of it.

As someone who has lived in Coventry all of my life, I can safely say that WW2 has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Coventry is a shithole. After the rebuilding after the War of the City Centre,  Coventry City Centre actually looked the best it has ever done. The blame for this must go to the planners who designed the latest modernisation circa 1990 and made an utter bollocks of it.

Then you have everyone's accents.

Then you have everyone's accents.

Or none whatsoever , you pays your money and you takes your choice. :D

Liverpool and Swansea.

Seriously don't get the media love for Liverpool (Conservative led press aside...). Best way to describe it is the biggest little village in the world for the attitude of those who live there. OK my view may be warped by the fact that I lived in some of the worst places possible there - but I had 4 great years at uni, but when let loose into the real world it all went wrong.

Swansea's just shit