Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Really don't get the hate directed at Dummett. He's a decent player surrounded by 3-4 slightly better players and a lot of utter dross.

There are some much more justifiable targets in the squad for vitriol from the fans at this time.

He's decent if you are happy fighting relegation or aiming to finish 15th. No club wanting to play football will ever bid for him, so if that's your idea of decent, then I guess he's decent.

Dummett is a perfectly capable Prem left back and we're a bit snobbish to think he is below us.  A bit similar to how we used to feel about Danny Simpson and then he went and won a Prem title.

Dummett is a good player for us.  Clearly has the right attitude.  We should all be behind him.

Really don't get the hate directed at Dummett. He's a decent player surrounded by 3-4 slightly better players and a lot of utter dross.

There are some much more justifiable targets in the squad for vitriol from the fans at this time.

He's decent if you are happy fighting relegation or aiming to finish 15th. No club wanting to play football will ever bid for him, so if that's your idea of decent, then I guess he's decent.

He's decent, as in he's a PL standard LB. Nothing more. Would a top 6 team have him? No.

There are plenty of positions in our team that do not have any players of acceptable quality to fill - CM, 10, both wingers, CF (when Rindin goes). Let's sort those out before we break the bank to get an upgrade on Dummett.

He's decent, as in he's a PL standard LB. Nothing more. Would a top 6 team have him? No.

There are plenty of positions in our team that do not have any players of acceptable quality to fill - CM, 10, both wingers, CF (when Rindin goes). Let's sort those out before we break the bank to get an upgrade on Dummett.

You could say the same about any of those positions as well, only difference is they would cost a lot more to upgrade. Good luck in finding a CM, winger or no.10 for less than £20m. Truth is if you want players who can't pass the ball out in defence, then you need to be playing long ball football with Jamie Vardy up front with Kante and Mahrez hovering around nearby.

This bloke is crippling us. People will go on about Perez not holding the ball up, Atsu’s end product etc but I made a point in watching Dummett tonight. There were 6 occasions throughout the 90 where the ball was coming to him and there was an easy ball down the line or to a midfielder and on each occasion the instinct was to turn back and give the ball to Dubravka or Lascelles.

This instantly lead to their forward line closing us down forcing us to go long or give away possession almost every time. People keep saying he’s the last of our problems and is ‘solid’. He fucking isn’t. I hope once Lejeune is fit that’s the last we see of him as a starting player because fuck me, he’s tiresome.

Guest chopey

He was shrugging his shoulders last night late in the second half when he was told to play left back in a back three.

• 1 month later...

Hope he’s spending extra hours in training trying to improve his game to fit in either as a wing-back or left sided centre-back. He’s been able to hide behind the ‘solid defensively’ nonsense for far too long, needs to up his game in this system.

:lol::lol: