Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

That sort of game is his bread & butter. Nothing expected of him but to dig deep and defend. He did that great yesterday.

Now let’s see him contribute in a game we’ll be looking to win against Watford when we shouldn’t be deep in our half as a team for 90% of the match.

I think he's far better suited to playing as one of three centre backs though, where his main job is to be a solid defender. When he's playing as a full back then his lack of ability to carry the ball really hurts us a lot more. Krafth looks like a right footed version from what I've seen so far, not so quick and quite limited ability on the ball.

But when we’re playing lesser teams, you need a Lejeune to give us the ability to come out of defence from both sides, otherwise it’s all on Schar.

Your theory is sound but in reality we're going to be backs against the wall against nearly everyone anyway.

But when we’re playing lesser teams, you need a Lejeune to give us the ability to come out of defence from both sides, otherwise it’s all on Schar.

Agree, would be great if all our defenders could play their way out, but when Dummett is playing full back it hurts us more as we lose all width.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest godzilla

I agree now he's found a position that works for him. As a LB he was incredibly limited.

His passing is not good enough for a premier league side the amount of times he gives away possession is unreal

I agree now he's found a position that works for him. As a LB he was incredibly limited.

His passing is not good enough for a premier league side the amount of times he gives away possession is unreal

14th out of 19 according to the below.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/23/Show/England-Newcastle-United

Guest godzilla

Don't know what stats you're looking at, as what you have linked to states he made 39 passes at a completion of 69.2%. I could see plainly enough on Saturday where his passes were going.

Don't know what stats you're looking at, as what you have linked to states he made 39 passes at a completion of 69.2%. I could see plainly enough on Saturday where his passes were going.

He's 14th out of the 19 players we have played with this season in terms of his pass completion. He is poor at passing.

Guest godzilla

He's 14th out of the 19 players we have played with this season in terms of his pass completion. He is poor at passing.

Got you, must admit wasn't sure what the stat was getting at.

I see professionalism has gone completely out the window

What happened?

Did the vid get removed? He was out on the lash for freshers week (first year uni students) and took a lass back to his, and she snap chatted the whole thing. Don’t really care about the girl but why is he going out getting smashed this early into the season? Rafa would have bollocked him and dropped him

Not sure that's completely true like. I was over for a game in the championship season and saw Shelvey, Clark and Daryl Murphy out on a Sunday after a game

Schar is 16th and is considered far superior on the ball (he is.. but he's also giving the ball away loads).