Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Enjoyed renowned pace merchant Maitland Niles just running past him late on to get to the byline.

Cut him some slack for f#ck sake.  It was Dummett's first game in about 4 years.  But you remember that one incident.

Calm down Rod. What bit am I ‘making up’? Him getting caught in no man’s land fairly often and being too narrow or too far off his man? Treating the ball like a live grenade (a lot of the team do, TBF)? Failing to stop the cross or go with his man down the line a fair few times, something he is usually really good at?

I don’t think he was one of the main problems today. Just poor, like most the team. I guess like we are most weeks.

Calm down Rod. What bit am I ‘making up’? Him getting caught in no man’s land fairly often and being too narrow or too far off his man? Treating the ball like a live grenade (a lot of the team do, TBF)? Failing to stop the cross or go with his man down the line a fair few times, something he is usually really good at?

I don’t think he was one of the main problems today. Just poor, like most the team. I guess like we are most weeks.

Okay, I'm calm.

Dummett was okay today, he was not poor.  I could go into detail but I would probably lose you off.  You're making stuff up!  Too narrow, too far off his man, failing to stop crosses?  Absolute crap observational skills.  Were you watching the West Brom v Newcastle game?

So, you’re no longer calm then Rod? That didn’t last long.

Mad that people have different opinions and expectation levels when it comes to football players. He was better than Lewis defensively. But that’s a pretty low bar and doesn’t mean his performance was good, solid or ok. He was crap, like the vast majority of the team were today.

I’ll add in that it’s hard to look good in this team under Bruce. But out and out defenders like Clark and Dummett should be fine. They are for the most part. I just thought he looked a bit off the pace and a bit crap today.

So, you’re no longer calm then Rod? That didn’t last long.

Mad that people have different opinions and expectation levels when it comes to football players. He was better than Lewis defensively. But that’s a pretty low bar and doesn’t mean his performance was good, solid or ok. He was crap, like the vast majority of the team were today.

I’ll add in that it’s hard to look good in this team under Bruce. But out and out defenders like Clark and Dummett should be fine. They are for the most part. I just thought he looked a bit off the pace and a bit crap today.

Let's agree to disagree, however you're talking crap.  I'm calm by the way, honest.

I'm not a dummett fan but he was OK today.  Some important headed clearances too.  He's light years ahead of the mug at right back

Let's agree to disagree.  However, you're talking crap (I'm calm, honest).

Are you on the pop? You saying Krath is better than Dummett or the Dummett is Maldini?  I don't understand your post at all

I'm not a dummett fan but he was OK today.  Some important headed clearances too.  He's light years ahead of the mug at right back

Let's agree to disagree.  However, you're talking crap (I'm calm, honest).

Are you on the pop? You saying Krath is better than Dummett or the Dummett is Maldini?  I don't understand your post at all

Sorry Tino, I've had too much wine.  That wasn't for you.

I think that Dummet is better in central defence. In fact  if they play with 3 CBs I'd like to see him Clarke and Fernandez  together. Lascelles has been very average to me this season and he is very one dimensional

I think he's one of the best tacklers in the league, alongside Hayden. He's like a deer in the headlights on the ball though, has no guile and a poor first touch, means his only option 95% of the time it to dump it long up the left wing and hope for the best when under pressure. If he could just learn to look where Shelvey/someone is near him before he receives the ball, he'd have an idea what to do with it. Off the ball  defensively he's actually quality imo.

Agree he's our best option at the moment, but he'd be really limiting in any kind of team that plays a high-line due to his lack of on-ball composure, but in this team it really doesn't matter sadly :lol:

I think that Dummet is better in central defence. In fact  if they play with 3 CBs I'd like to see him Clarke and Fernandez  together. Lascelles has been very average to me this season and he is very one dimensional

That sounds interesting. Of course, it should be Fernandez, Lejeuen and Schar, but it'll never happen.

Really good tonight. Had more space and time on the ball going forward. Crossing and passing wasn’t as rushed and panicked as usual. Defended really well and took one of their players out the game.

NOWT gets past him!  I have been telling you all, all season. (Smug face).