Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

19 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I feel people say that until he's actually back in the team and remember how fucking shit he is at everything except 1 good sliding tackle every game.

The sliding tackles which are only necessary because he’s either been caught out by a ball over his head, or he’s ran through treacle and has to try and catch up.

As always, people recollect a long-term injured player as much better than they actually are.

It’s also pointless trying to bring him into the team because he’ll be crocked again after a week or two. Get Lewis in the team and work with him to make him a useful player.

Our back four should be Lewis, Schar, Fernandez and Manquillo. Any other combination is just totally wrong.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

17 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

As always, people recollect a long-term injured player as much better than they actually are.

Not really, it's always been like this with Dummett. He gets pelters because he's awful on the ball but with him in the side we mirraculiously stop been torn to shreds every time a team runs down the left wing or targets the back post.

He's not a great left back but until he's replaced (or if Lewis is actually good) then not playing him leaves us wide open defensively on the left.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The Titanic could change direction faster than him when the ball’s heading over him. He’s shit on the ball, he’s injury prone and he’s not very good at football.

The classic case of the longer they're out the better they get.

45 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The Titanic could change direction faster than him when the ball’s heading over him. He’s shit on the ball, he’s injury prone and he’s not very good at football.

:lol: I agree with all this but still, as things stand, he'd probably have a very good shout for getting in at left back.

Think you're way off a lot of you tbh. Was always a left sided centre half for me, was played at LB without being coached there. Benitez came in and sorted out his positioning. May not be fantastic with the ball, but he would absolutely shore up our defence. He's better at LB than Ritchie and has more pace than him, and he's better defensively than Lewis. He isn't any worse than Lascelles or Clark either...

Our most defensively sound LB and arguably CB (after Fernandez). 

Edited by Heron

11 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Can’t believe I’m saying it but I’d have him back in at LB. At least he would stand in the correct place 

No idea why this is even questioned tbh. Lewis is like for like at best and Ritchie has been shambolic

Edited by Hanshithispantz

13 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

At his age, after a serious calf injury, he has little chance of being quick again. Out of contract in the summer - he'll be lucky to dirty a shirt for us again.

Been thinking this myself. Now 30 with his history of injuries and a calf problem that's kept him out for half a season so far. Doesn't bode well.

He's extremely limited with the ball, and never been blessed with pace.

But what he will do is look after a 10mx10m area of the pitch and lose very few duels, either in the air or getting skinned, within that area.

Gives a bit of solidity to the defence and with 2 clean sheets all season (and both against Burnley at that) that's not something for us to be turning our noses up at. I'd have him ahead of Ritchie in a 4.

Goes without saying that if he's still here next season then it's all gone terribly terribly wrong.