Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Dummett has to play LB until we hopefully sign a proper one in Jan.

I'd honeslty rather he just take up coaching after this - if what Rafa has said about him carries weight - it's that Dummett is a really smart footballer who could go on and be a great manager. 

I’ve said it many a time, Dummett is a good defender, but an awful footballer, it’s too late in the day to turn that around, but someone like Rafa could get him defending above his natural level on a consistent basis because he knew his strengths and how to maximise them to good effect. 

When he first come into the first-team, he absolutely was blessed with pace, I remember him out-pacing Ronaldo and Aaron Lennon for example. 

He's got (or at least had) a good top speed, but not very fast over 10 meters. 

Benitez made Clark look competent and Lascelles touted for England. Of course he looked solid under him :lol: I doubt he can replicate that when we are playing a more attacking style of football that leaves him more exposed, and he certainly won't improve any of our attacking play.

28 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Benitez made Clark look competent and Lascelles touted for England. Of course he looked solid under him :lol: I doubt he can replicate that when we are playing a more attacking style of football that leaves him more exposed, and he certainly won't improve any of our attacking play.

Aye he ran like a snowball going down hill, after about ¼ mile he was a danger to life

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

Why's he always injured? Never want to see him playing for us again.

I don’t think he will. Might never play football again IMO, unless he’s prepared to drop right down the divisions. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

11 hours ago, Conjo said:

You're probably right like.

Even so I've always liked Dummett. Even before Benitez I thought he got a tough ride despite never really putting a foot wrong, THAT BANNER was cringey as fuck too.

We obviously need a new left back but until we have adequate cover too I wouldn't be getting shot of him.

12 hours ago, Rich said:

Why's he always injured? Never want to see him playing for us again.

I’ve never liked his posture. Head leaning to far forward with his hunch. Probably spent a lot of time hunched over a laptop. Needs a standing desk and some posture exercises. 

2 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Barring the fact that Hughes was actually a lot better than Dummett has ever been

In a kebab shop in Stanley, I once saw someone get punched in the face for suggesting that Andy Griffin was better than Aaron Hughes.

It was a gentler time.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I'm gonna be that dick to bump but..

It's quite depressing how many times he's been mentiomed as if he was going to be a solution to any problem. Can win headers and a sliding tackle now and then but by fuck I don't want him to be relied on in any capacity at all.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

I guess I'm gonna be that dick to bump but..

It's quite depressing how many times he's been mentiomed as if he was going to be a solution to any problem. Can win headers and a sliding tackle now and then but by fuck I don't want him to be relied on in any capacity at all.

Correct, hes as gash as Lascelles just injured more so seems like a "new signing" every now & then 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Ironic that he was far better than what we've had for most of the season yet their goal still came from that side and him not stopping the cross (obviously Lascelles being out-jumped is still a big part of them scoring)

The cross is Almiron's fault. Its the right back overlapping

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He was very solid till around the 70th minute when he was clearly out of gas, and again can’t blame him after so long out. Blame lies with Howe who should have taken him off.

agreed. his positioning and tackling are very underrated. Offensively he is who he is. I think Howe thought bringing on Almiron to support him would be enough, and Almiron fell asleep in the moment that ended up being our undoing.