Newcastle United vs West Ham United - Sat 24th August @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Krul

Debuchy    Colo        MYM    Dummett

Anita            Sissoko

Marv

HBA                            Obertan

Cisse

Don't have a lot of hope for this one. West Ham are better than us, I know it's fashionable to hate on Fat Sam here but he's a hell of a lot better manager than the plank we have in charge, obviously his football is dire but he gets results and no way I can see him leaving SJP without something. Huge wake up call to all those that seem to think because we were playing man shitty we shouldn't judge our own performance and that everything we be alright when we play the lesser lights.

Krul

Debuchy  MYM  Colo  Santon

Sissoko  Anita

Marveaux

Ben Arfa      Cisse    Gouffran

If we play that, we'll win.

That's the team to play. And the spirit!

Not having Allardyce being tactically astute mind :D  T

i think he's always been able to exploit weaknesses in the teams he's up against myself and negate what they're good at...he just didn't do it when he was with us, otherwise he's strong enough to use tactics to his advantage in either nullifying a better team, or exploiting a shit one

either way we're fucked

Krul

Santon      Mbiwa        Colo    Dummett

Anita

Sissoko  Marveaux

HBA                      Cisse                Gouffran

Guest Phil K

This'll be a better yardstick of how we'll fare this season. We're going to do badly if we can't compete against a less stellar side than last night.

I doubt if a Pardew-led side can cope with ANY team in this division

Guest neesy111

Krul

Santon      Mbiwa        Colo    Dummett

Anita

Sissoko  Marveaux

HBA                      Cisse                Gouffran

Not a hope in hell that team will play.

I honestly cannot see us being capable of beating anyone at the moment we don't have a winning mentality and any ability at all to create and score goals and pressurise teams

west ham looked well drilled well organised against Cardiff.... And their physical side will bully our bunch of weak cowardly frenchies

Guest icemanblue

Win, and the mood changes considerably. Three points from our first two games was always going to be our best possible, realistic, start.

Not sure playing MYM and Colo in central defence is a good idea against a Fat Sam side tbh. Wouldn't suprise me if Pardew plays Moke alongside Colo and MYM in midfield with Tiote and Sissoko. Think Pardew will be deeply concerned about height (even though Carroll's out). Shola will feature as well imo.

Not sure playing MYM and Colo in central defence is a good idea against a Fat Sam side tbh. Wouldn't suprise me if Pardew plays Moke alongside Colo and MYM in midfield with Tiote and Sissoko. Think Pardew will be deeply concerned about height (even though Carroll's out). Shola will feature as well imo.

Yep he'll worry more about West Ham than what we could do to them.

Thought Tiote was pretty decent at times last night, his short passing was much better and he worked well with Anita & Sissoko.

I thought he was awful, he gifted City possession so many times and failed to clear his lines for the third goal. He should have just got rid but he tried to play out, his pass was intercepted and it led to the free kick.

Guest neesy111

Thought Tiote was pretty decent at times last night, his short passing was much better and he worked well with Anita & Sissoko.

I thought he was awful, he gifted City possession so many times and failed to clear his lines for the third goal. He should have just got rid but he tried to play out, his pass was intercepted and it led to the free kick.

Agreed.

Also isn't his job to protect our back 4 primarily ??.  Saw him do nothing of that.

Krul

Mbwiba    Williamson  Colo  Dummett

Anita          Sissoko     

HBA        Marveaux        Gouffran/Remy?

Cisse

If Cisse looks poor try Remy or Gouffran up top and If Remy's still not fit then Sammy on the left at some point. Leave HBA on though Alan FFS!! You are allowed more than one creative player on at any one time !! Not sure who's better out of Tiote and Anita but Anita at least deserves a chance.

JK you need to sign someone good FFS before this game!! Preferably Thauvin !!

Massive game for Pardew if he loses this and then the next one could be out of a Job. Although he won't walk without a massive pay off of course and not sure who would be crazy enough to come in and work for The Joker.

Missed the grit and passion we had with Hughton, Carroll, Nolan and really missed the solid as a rock Enrique too. Cisse just wasn't even close to being a threat at all last night. Carroll at least was always a threat aerially and the thought of HBA, Remy, Marveaux, Sissoko, Santon etc supplying, supporting him and playing off him......