RTS games

ponsaelius

Has this genre died? Got my PC upgraded and was looking at buying a good one after being out of the loop but most of the 'best ever' lists are full of stuff I was playing on a decade ago.

Will get the new Rome TW but I've always put them in a different category to the old base building types. Anybody got any good recommendations?

Even though it's a MOBA I think League of legends is definitely worth checking out, a lot of fun to play when you get the hang of it. Staracraft II is pretty good as well although I haven't touched it in a while.

I still play C&C Generals, Warcraft 3 + FT and the Star Wars one that is like AoE.

Galactic Battlegrounds? That was great. Although it was basically AoE with a skin over it.

RTS and TBS were all I used to play in the early noughties. AoE, Civ, Starcraft, C&C, Total War, Rise of Nations. Does anybody remember a game called Sacrifice that was played at a 3rd person level with wizards and stuff? Was great that.

Company of Heroes 2 (the first came after I stopped with PC gaming) and the new Starcraft I will look into.