Best World Cup Games/Moments

Vinny Green Balls

Not to get the footballing heroes too far off the track.

Romania-Argentina at the 94 World Cup probably for me, with Brazil-France in 86 a very close runner up.

Best moment: making tea at 3 am, preparing for the inevitable pasting that Portugal was going to give the US.  I heard the goal from the kitchen and threw a tantrum, thinking we couldn't even last 5 minutes...until I go out and see that we actually scored.  (and this after some pretty horrible performances in the World Cup qualifying).

Two of my favourite have to involve this twat:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/03/16/article-1162399-03EDED8A000005DC-537_468x389.jpg

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article424653.ece/BINARY/gallery-large/World-Cup-1998-England-Argentina-Michael+Owen-Cropped1.jpg

Pretty much sums up England/Owen - Hope but ultimate failure.

Norway 2 - 1 Brazil in '98. Still gives me goosebumps.

Best moment: Rekdals penalty and the celebrations after the game.

:fwap:

Also won a shitload of money on Donovans goal in the last group match in 2010. :sweetjesus:

Few and far between for me, so it's probably being allowed to miss school so we could all watch England on a projector in the hall thanks to the early kick-offs in 2002. :lol:

The downside being after getting knocked out by Brazil we had to have a fucking day at school.

Few and far between for me, so it's probably being allowed to miss school so we could all watch England on a projector in the hall thanks to the early kick-offs in 2002. :lol:

The downside being after getting knocked out by Brazil we had to have a fucking day at school.

And the cunts who decided they were Brazil fans that day :angry:

Robbie Keanes last minute equaliser against Germany in 2002. We were in school in the assembly hall at the time and the entire staff and all pupils were watching the game on the big screen. Big Niall Quinns knock down to Keane and he finished off the post.

Magic.

On the other hand, the Spain game was a rollercoaster of emotions. Harte missed a penalty then Hierro fouled Quinn (I think) and Keane scored the second one. In the shootout, Mendietas penalty was so close to Givens foot. :( Devastating.