Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 25/09/13 @ 7.45pm (No TV)

Dave

Guest Phil K

Leeds to bring loads of their c*** supporters up acting the hardman, everyone will bleat on about them being great despite their p*ss poor homegates despite Bates now f***ing off and them having no excuse anymore.

Hmm, yeah can't argue too much with that. Their gates weren't all that bad TBH

I'd LOVE to see how Liverpool fans would be with the same last several seasons as Leeds though. No different is my guess

The away team have got to agree on ticket prices.  Leeds are a bunch of robbing barstewards so I can see us paying at least £25 for this one

Unfortunately this idea of "lets take a full tilt at the League Cup as it's the easiest route into Europe" seems to have caught on and most clubs are putting out stronger teams.

We probably played less first choice players than most PL clubs last night. It will be a much stronger starting XI versus Leeds imo.

Looks like it's going to be £15 and £5 for this one.  Level 7 will be Leeds only

Unfortunately the club couldn't agree the price with Leeds who wished for £25 and £15 so it's gone to mediation and the prices will be £20 (adults)  £10 (Students) £5 (conc)

The away team have got to agree on ticket prices.  Leeds are a bunch of robbing barstewards so I can see us paying at least £25 for this one

So it would seem seeing as the prices are all £5 higher than they were for the Europa League Quarter final against Benfica, a much more attractive game i might add!

The crowd would be much higher at £15 a ticket compared to £20. On the rare occasion a cup tie is drawn at St James', lower league clubs always seem to think it's going to be a 52000 sell out and they always reject cheap ticket prices. They only end up shooting themselves in the foot.

Leeds to bring loads of their c*** supporters up acting the hardman, everyone will bleat on about them being great despite their p*ss poor homegates despite Bates now f***ing off and them having no excuse anymore.

Leeds fans are the very definition of :anguish: like

Agree with both posts. As a club i'v always found them odious. Hope we really turn these over as mackemesque they'll never shut up about it if they win.

Relevant here too

Newcastle United fans’ groups met last night in an attempt to form a joint strategy to force Mike Ashley out of the club.

The Chronicle can reveal that among the tactics discussed was a boycott of the home Capital One Cup tie against Leeds United on September 25, an idea that has the backing of some supporters.

Last night’s meeting was arranged to gauge the widespread opinion among Newcastle fans about the current regime and what, if anything, they can do to change the club’s current ownership.

Various fan groups believe now is the time for them to be united and co-ordinate protests against the club owner, whatever form they may take. One idea, put forward on social media, is to arrange a march on a match-day to St James’ Park.

A poll in The Chronicle conducted in May found that Ashley’s approval rating was high among the majority of fans, although those on the other side of the debate wanted the billionaire businessman out of the club.

Newcastle fans have become angry with the way the club is being run 

But the appointment of Joe Kinnear as Director of Football and the subsequent failure to add more than Loic Remy on loan to one of the smallest Premier League squads in terms of senior players during the transfer window has changed the minds of many supporters who had previously backed the board.

Sources we spoke to yesterday admitted the feeling across all Newcastle supporters was a boycott would be a last resort as it goes against their natural instinct, which is to back the team.

But it has not been ruled, such is the anger and frustration currently felt by the Toon Army.

One told us: “Many have paid out for 10-year season tickets so Ashley has their money. So boycotting those games wouldn’t mean much.

“But if we stayed away from a game, such as the cup tie with Leeds that is not on the season ticket, that would hit him in the pocket.

“This isn’t something Newcastle fans want to do because we love going to the game and supporting the team.”

Problem with a Leeds boycott is that some within the club will look at it and say 'Ah thats because its more expensive than the EL QF was, if it'd had been cheaper we'd have sold more'

Leeds have sold 4,000 more.  Expectation of around 5-8k for them

They getting all of level 7 then?

Under review, but highly likely that even if they don't sell out Level 7 that it'll be Leeds fans only

Leeds have sold 4,000 more.  Expectation of around 5-8k for them

That's why this is the wrong game to pick for a boycott. Leeds aren't Plymouth or Exeter, they are fallen giants. I would hate to see their team backed by 5-8000 noisy supporters at our ground while our fans stayed away.