Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

After reading some comments seems people are starting to realise that Pardew has actually been trying for a while to get the players to build play from the back and keep the ball rather than look long and play hoof ball. Think he will surprise a few on here with the type of football we start to play with HBA/Remy/Cisse in the side. Things are certainly looking up. Shame about the lack of support from board level to help Pardew along but at this moment, i'll just take no outgoings and go with what we have got and i think we can still expect a pleasant season ahead.

It seems like people forget we hoof any free kick we get in our own half I don't see Pardew stopping that

Clutching at straws now aren't you  :lol:

You're right but is that all you could think of to discredit us from the way we are starting to play?

One game man, where we played attacking football for about twenty mins.

The first time he managed to field his strongest 11 in a long time? Think they are valid reasons to be positive.

In his mind, that wasn't his strongest 11 though.

If he thinks that isn't the best 11, the blokes an absolute idiot.

You've answered your own question. Can you honestly say as soon as they become available he won't shoehorn Taylor, Tiote or Jonas in there?

After reading some comments seems people are starting to realise that Pardew has actually been trying for a while to get the players to build play from the back and keep the ball rather than look long and play hoof ball. Think he will surprise a few on here with the type of football we start to play with HBA/Remy/Cisse in the side. Things are certainly looking up. Shame about the lack of support from board level to help Pardew along but at this moment, i'll just take no outgoings and go with what we have got and i think we can still expect a pleasant season ahead.

It seems like people forget we hoof any free kick we get in our own half I don't see Pardew stopping that

You're right but is that all you could think of to discredit us from the way we are starting to play?

The first time he managed to field his strongest 11 in a long time? Think they are valid reasons to be positive.

You've answered your own question. Can you honestly say as soon as they become available he won't shoehorn Taylor, Tiote or Jonas in there?

Tiote yes.

Other two no.

If any of them get back into the side as soon as they return it would demonstrate what a poor judge of player Pardew is.

Tiote yes.

Other two no.

Guest bimpy474

Tiote yes.

Other two no.

Tiote should be nowhere near the first 11 if you want to play decent fast flowing football like we did toward the end of the Fulham game.

Guest bimpy474

I did answer my own question didn't i. He is an idiot and as soon as Jonas is fit he's the one who's definitely straight in. Saylor and Tiote might not be for some reason i thinking up in my daft little head.

Tiote yes.

Other two no.

Tiote should be nowhere near the first 11 if you want to play decent fast flowing football like we did toward the end of the Fulham game.

He shouldn't be, i personally prefer Anita but fancy Pards to go with that, wouldn't surprise if it went 4-4-2 with Sissoko drifting out wide when Remy goes up top. Can't see a way in for Jonas and MYM/Colo have kept two clean sheets so be a surprise was Taylor to waltz back in after his idioctic actions at City,

Tiote

Cabaye Sissoko

HBA                Remy

Cisse

Guest bimpy474

Tiote yes.

Other two no.

He shouldn't be, i personally prefer Anita but fancy Pards to go with that, wouldn't surprise if it went 4-4-2 with Sissoko drifting out wide when Remy goes up top. Can't see a way in for Jonas and MYM/Colo have kept two clean sheets so be a surprise was Taylor to waltz back in after his idioctic actions at City,

Tiote

Cabaye Sissoko

HBA                Remy

Cisse

While i want us to go 4-3-3, Pardew is not going to do it because he's a twat.

So it's 4-4-2 from now on which may actually squeeze Tiote out, it'll be Cabaye and hopefully Sissoko, my worry is Jonas will be straight back in on the left. It's all guess work, but the only thing we know for sure going by the past Pardew very very very rarely picks the best team. Even if that team is obvious to everyone else.

I expect us to get let down badly as soon as the squad is all fit.

Tiote yes.

Other two no.

So what are you on about, saying it's the first time he's been able to play his strongest 11 then?

We'll be going 4-4-2, I have no problem with that personally now that we have a striker that can actually do the second striker role. Actually, if Jonas is the starting left winger then I will have an issue, unfortunately, I think he's the most likely to get his spot back as soon as he's available. I really hope he's not fit for Villa, I know Gouffran isn't the ideal choice for a left sided role, I'd normally want Marveaux, but I think our best opportunities there will come on the counter, Gouffran really suits that type of situation with his pace, movement and work rate.

We'll be going 4-4-2, I have no problem with that personally now that we have a striker that can actually do the second striker role. Actually, if Jonas is the starting left winger then I will have an issue, unfortunately, I think he's the most likely to get his spot back as soon as he's available. I really hope he's not fit for Villa, I know Gouffran isn't the ideal choice for a left sided role, I'd normally want Marveaux, but I think our best opportunities there will come on the counter, Gouffran really suits that type of situation with his pace, movement and work rate.

And what happens if one of our two strikers get's an injury?  We completely lack the players to play 4-4-2.

Guest bimpy474

And what happens if one of our two strikers get's an injury?  We completely lack the players to play 4-4-2.

Doesn't matter as Pardew cant see that anyway.

Am I the only one who wants to see Remy play through the middle?

If we're going 4-4-2 then i'm with you.

What if we aren't?

Personally I'd like to Remy as our loan striker even if it's in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 he's better faster and stronger than Cisse.

Guest bimpy474

What if we aren't?

Personally I'd like to Remy as our loan striker even if it's in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 he's better faster and stronger than Cisse.

I want 4-3-3, Cisse in the middle, Remy left, Ben Arfa right, but all three rotating and moving. Pardew wont go for it though, he seems to have a complete mindblock about that formation now.

The 4-2-3-1, yep, Remy as the striker if Cisse doesn't get his finger out, personally i think that formation is goingt o be dropped now we have Remy, it'll be him and Cisse down the middle.

What if we aren't?

I'd prefer Remy Cisse Ben Arfa to Gouffran Remy Ben Arfa.

What if we aren't?

I'd prefer Remy Cisse Ben Arfa to Gouffran Remy Ben Arfa.

Totally, it's by far our best lineup.

Gouffran fills in, he's very capable of doing a job. I take back what I said about us finally having a forward that can play as a second striker, Gouffran has always been capable but rarely preferred for whatever reason.

Our squad options don't suit 4-4-2 but our strongest eleven is a pretty good fit for it, in my opinion. Pardew has shown he'll change it up when his hand is forced. Until that time, I'm looking forward to us playing two up top, I think we've found a good balance in the team's spine.

Gouffran fills in, he's very capable of doing a job. I take back what I said about us finally having a forward that can play as a second striker, Gouffran has always been capable but rarely preferred for whatever reason.

Our squad options don't suit 4-4-2 but our strongest eleven is a pretty good fit for it, in my opinion. Pardew has shown he'll change it up when his hand is forced. Until that time, I'm looking forward to us playing two up top, I think we've found a good balance in the team's spine.

He won't. It'll be Shola.  And who's on the left wing?

He won't. It'll be Shola.  And who's on the left wing?

Did Shola start as one of the two up front against City? It's not a foregone conclusion that he will automatically step in. Marveaux wide left, admittedly, I think he's a weak link but I have a suspicion he'd link up with Remy well.