Hit Ashley in the pocket

Nepharite

A lad I know has come up with an idea and the more I think about it the better it gets. Thought I'd run it past you lot to see how feasible/popular it might be.

We are always lamenting about the state of the home shirt every time a new one is released. Could we not come up with four ideas put them to a vote and get the winner made up and sell them to fans from next season.

After the overheads are payed for, we give everything else to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

Encourage everyone to buy our shirt rather than Ashley's.

He's done our marketing for us already.

Does anyone think it will fly?

Do people really want to spend more money on football though? Even if it is as a f*** you to mike ashley.

I'm not living in Newcastle anymore but I'm hoping the fans there will do something.

I envisage something like this could be the springboard for more vivacious Ashley baiting till he cant take any more drops his price for the club fucks off and buys Rangers (poor sods).

Seem to recall something similar to this happening before? Someone was designing an alternative shirt, was trying to get permission to put the Bobby Robson Foundation on as the sponsor (for free, obviously). May have made this up like. :lol: Anyone else remember this?

Seem to recall something similar to this happening before? Someone was designing an alternative shirt, was trying to get permission to put the Bobby Robson Foundation on as the sponsor (for free, obviously). May have made this up like. :lol: Anyone else remember this?

No, but it's a great idea... lol.

I vaguely recall something about this

I vaguely recall something about this

Kaizero tried it at some point. Never took off really.

I'd be open to it mind.

Oh good, I've not lost my mind.

I reckon the wonga shirt is the worst selling we've had in years. There was 3000 empty seats at our first home game, 6000 last week, so Mike Ashley is fully aware of the reaction to what he's doing. But it's not, nor will it ever be enough, and he doesn't care anyway.

My advice it to find something else to occupy your Saturdays, for the next few years at least.

It's the sort of idea I would get on board with, but I just can't see how it would take off. If you really wanted to wear a Newcastle shirt (a good Newcastle shirt), you would go to someone like Toffs. Some do but people will always buy the replica top. I've no idea why. There's a spanner I work with (who no longer talks to me cos I told him I've bouycoutted the club) who said he'd buy the shirt no matter what - he hadn't even seen it at this point. There's no further explanation needed. It's just the way some people are.

This guy is an absolute plank, btw. I used to get on really well with him; he'd given me a couple of lifts up to Newcastle and I went to visit him in hospital, etc, but fucking hell he comes out with some shite. He was going on at me the other day about how I've 'given up' and how I 'talk the talk' as a Newcastle fan, but he 'walks the walk'. Literally every single day it's: "I'd get a season ticket if we were in the Unibond, me." "I'll buy the shirt no matter what." "I do 200 miles every Saturday, it costs this much petrol." Yada yada yada. I wouldn't normally drop to his superfan levels but I was so wound up that I retorted with a "where were you when I was buying my season ticket for the Championship year?" (he didn't have one then), and he's blanked me ever since. :lol:

Sounds like a nonce.

Also, I'd prefer a modern-style bobby related "fan" NUFC shirt than a toffs shirt personally. Not really a fan of the retro stylin'

I said 'like' tbf, Toffs was an example. There are many websites where you can get older shirts, not necessarily retro-style. Some feel like they have to buy a Newcastle shirt. They could get an old shirt or something like this in the opening post, but they don't. They get the replica one.