'Bouncer' on Channel 4

Big Geordie

Anyone watch this last night? Followed 4 doormen who work at 'The Quay' in Blyth and also at 'Osbournes' in Jesmond. Was quite insightful, but it hit home to me how much things have changed since I used to go out on the lash. Only went out in Blyth at few times and I'm old enough to remember The Quay being known as The Boathouse. Place seems full of Geordie Shore wannabess and radgies and Jesmond isn't much better I thought!

Does seem to have been something of a social change in that youngsters now will pre-load before the go out, so by the time they get to the venue - they are half cut already. :D I dunno, kids these days!

Guest firetotheworks

My friend quoted a line from it that I thought was mint. 'Even the tide wouldn't take you out.' :lol:

That's the depth of my knowledge on it.

Guest firetotheworks

My brother-in-law was a bouncer and from the sound of it, it shouldn't pay more than that for what they do/don't do most of the time.

Does seem to have been something of a social change in that youngsters now will pre-load before the go out, so by the time they get to the venue - they are half cut already. :D I dunno, kids these days!

We always did that - I mean, not necessarily to the point of being wasted, but merry at least. Much cheaper that way.

Guest firetotheworks

It would be nice to see a programme on something that shows Newcastle in a better light than ones about the Geordie Shore cunts and Bouncers. Something that doesn't show us as a thick horde of vacuous bell ends would be decent. Maybe something about our culture, architecture, history or our collective love for Newcastle as a city would be decent.

It would be nice to see a programme on something that shows Newcastle in a better light than ones about the Geordie Shore c***s and Bouncers.

Come on there's the one set in the Metro Centre, oh wait.

It would be nice to see a programme on something that shows Newcastle in a better light than ones about the Geordie Shore c***s and Bouncers. Something that doesn't show us as a thick horde of vacuous bell ends would be decent. Maybe something about our culture, architecture, history or our collective love for Newcastle as a city would be decent.

Not specifically about Newcastle but 'How the North was built' was on a couple of months ago on ITV. Think it was in 2 parts and was presented by Robson Green (I know) but I actually really enjoyed it, especially the parts where he was visiting Newcastle. It touched upon football as well.

Guest firetotheworks

They come from the same school of thought as policemen and security guards, I find. You meet the occassional one that's areet, but generally they're terminal dick heads that are massaging their ego by getting off on the smallest amount of power that their place in society has allowed them.

I know Naz (the other bouncer in the Jesmond bit) from his time when he was a driving instructor 4 or 5 years ago. Thought he seemed a canny enough fella the times I'd chat with him at the Test Centre. I knew he worked the doors and did a bit of debt collection.

Bouncers today are different animals altogether to what I (and I'll guess a few others on here) grew up with. Not saying there wont be dickheads today but back in the day they were almost a law unto themselves. Needing to be registered and CRB checked got shot of a load of mindless thugs off the doors. I think Newcastle council forces new bouncers into health a safety courses / first aid etc before any sort of licence will be issued.

Watching this now.

That lad that keeled over and smacked his loaf on the road looked f***ing brutal!  Ouch.

It was obvious he was going to fall, I don't understand why they didn't just sit him down instead

cos they're bouncers therefore don't really give a shit. had the camera not been there they'd have laughed their tits off.

One of the more notorious bouncers from back in the day, even other bouncers weren't safe.

Didn't do him any good in the end though did it. 6 of them to give one bloke a hiding :-/

Isn't there another one from boro, I was told they buried him with a layer of concrete because people were saying they would dig him up and hang him it the centre of town or summit like that.

His name is lost on me now but he was always scrapping with VG supposidly.

Edit : Lee Duffy

That programme was cringe though, if dog was as useless as some of the people on that programme it would be put down.