NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think they may have a harder time attracting those players who want to use us as a platform to prove themselves before moving on to bigger clubs.  To do that you need a decent team to play in not one that is going to constantly struggle against relegation. 

We had a good reputation when Cabaye was here because of his success - I think that is in tatters now and that has been the club's own doing.

I think they may have a harder time attracting those players who want to use us as a platform to prove themselves before moving on to bigger clubs.  To do that you need a decent team to play in not one that is going to constantly struggle against relegation. 

We had a good reputation when Cabaye was here because of his success - I think that is in tatters now and that has been the club's own doing.

^^^^^^

this 100% nobody of any quality will be coming here except as a quick stepping stone to any club with ambition... we of course have none at all :(

Will be surprised if bigger clubs want Ings. Don't rate him that highly.

Depends how you define " bigger " can definitely Southampton being in for him and as of right now that's a more attractive destination tbh.

Especially given he supports them...

Will be surprised if bigger clubs want Ings. Don't rate him that highly.

Depends how you define " bigger " can definitely Southampton being in for him and as of right now that's a more attractive destination tbh.

Especially given he supports them...

Aye - bit of a no-brainer that.

Never get the, "no players will want to join us", banta. We have proved time and time again that we can attract decent players.

It's what we do when they get here that is the problem and having no ambition to keep them.

Never get the, "no players will want to join us", banta. We have proved time and time again that we can attract decent players.

It's what we do when they get here that is the problem and having no ambition to keep them.

Oh they do but if other clubs offer more money and show more ambition it's a different story. Most of the players we get are under the radar of most Premier League clubs or are deemed not good enough for the top 4 to take a risk on.

Oh they do but if other clubs offer more money and show more ambition it's a different story. Most of the players we get are under the radar of most Premier League clubs or are deemed not good enough for the top 4 to take a risk on.

You just have to look at the likes of Remy, Bony, Gomis, to see there's a few we probably thought we'd get easily, only to go to clubs around or beneath us as well.

I don't think it's even that any more. The CL clubs rarely need to take risks because of the clout they have - they can just wait and buy the finished article. See Debuchy, Remy, Bony, etc.

Our problem is we're seemingly not prepared to compete with clubs we should be able to blow out of the water, on alleged principle, - Swansea, So'ton, and the likes. Mainly because our trio of board members think they know better than everyone else.

I don't think it's even that any more. The CL clubs rarely need to take risks because of the clout they have - they can just wait and buy the finished article. See Debuchy, Remy, Bony, etc.

Our problem is we're seemingly not prepared to compete with clubs we should be able to blow out of the water, on alleged principle, - Swansea, So'ton, and the likes. Mainly because our trio of board members think they know better than everyone else.

:thup:

You should know better.  We're AIMING to make 5 signings, "targeting 5 signings" you might say.  By mid-July we'll be trying to "push through 3 signings" and by late August we'll be "working hard on a new striker"...  (We all know the drill)

Essentially we're looking at 3 in and a squads worth out making our squad depth even more scary. Think of the wage bill though, we'll be balance sheet champions next season, mark my words!

We need more than 5 players in and that's without any out goings.

I know we have pretty much admitted defeat in the race for Ings but I can see us going in for Austin and Deeney whilst everyone else is fighting over Ings.

Players I'd genuinely want to keep: Krul, Janmaat, Dummett, Haidara, Sissoko, De Jong, Aarons, Cabella, Abeid, Cisse, Perez, Armstrong. Dummett only being useful as a back-up.

I wouldn't include Dummet, I'd be ok with Cisse going, Armstrong I've seen nothing to suggest he may make it in the Premiership.

i'll be strangely gutted if janmaat leaves this summer mind, i f***ing love him, he's got a 'real footballer' thing about him and is the closest thing we actually have to a captain in the entire club

He's awesome, love his attitude. I'd say De Jong is probably the best captain we have based on the stuff i've read/seen of him at Arsenal. Shame he's been hurt all season and not been putting himself in the shop window.