NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, still need a presence up top, as we currently do not have one striker that is a strong, back to the goal, hold up player. Lassoga would have been that sort, but we didn't seal the deal.

Guest neesy111

loads of media vans outside st james...sky vans with satalite dishes on top etc.

Might be to do with the 2 fans dying possibly?

Lacazette signing an extension at Lyon.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-uniteds-hopes-signing-alexandre-7453098

But to make everyone feel better here is a rehashed article on why signing him would be potentially a waste of time.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/04/ag-used-poorly-lacazette-could-be-a-terrible-signing-for-newcasl/

That just says that his club want him to sign an extension, doesn't mean he will. Supposedly Liverpool are after him or Remy and so are we according to Ryder. We won't get either.

Keep reading that article so that the words 'used' and 'poorly' are adjectives.  Puts a new spin on it.

Seems to be a bit of a buzz elsewhere for Andy Carrol to return.  Anything in it?

Would surely be better options for the money he would cost.

I don't think he would be fit enough to lead our line. Regardless I think he would do a great job for us again if fit.

That said, playing devils advocate here is Remys injury record that much better. Obviously he is a far superior player but would Remy ever be injury free enough to score more than 10-15?

Considering West Ham are splurging like no tomorrow, and have just bought a striker for another £15 million, maybe they're ready to move on from Carroll.

Which striker did they buy for £15m?

Considering West Ham are splurging like no tomorrow, and have just bought a striker for another £15 million, maybe they're ready to move on from Carroll.

Which striker did they buy for £15m?

Enner Valencia.

Wow. I thought £12m was high, although I am pretty certain he will score goals. In any case, he's not the 6ft plus beast that Allardyce needs in his teams so he's no replacement for Carroll.

To me, our signings so far this summer scream that we'll be trying for Carroll or a Carroll type as our main forward.

Yup, totally agree. Hence the bid for Lassoga earlier on.