NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

To me, our signings so far this summer scream that we'll be trying for Carroll or a Carroll type as our main forward.

Absolutely spot on.

A Carroll like signing would be just what we need. Not saying go for him, but a target man would be good for this setup.

I just can't see how a Pardew team can function without a Carroll type forward. Which should make next season interesting since I'm not convinced we are trying that hard to get one.

Guest bimpy474

A Carroll like signing would be just what we need. Not saying go for him, but a target man would be good for this setup.

I just can't see how a Pardew team can function without a Carroll type forward. Which should make next season interesting since I'm not convinced we are trying that hard to get one.

If we go for another striker, for fairly big money for us, and a Cabaye midfielder type. That really would indicate a change is approach, can't see it myself but it would be interesting. Then you realise Pardew's is the manager :lol:

I'd take Carroll back. Think he'll only really excel here, and it makes Pardew's football effective.

Why would you want Pardew's football to be effective? All that does is prolong the misery.

If there was some guarantee of Pardew's imminent dismissal I'd take Carroll in a second, though. He's pretty much exactly what our 11 needs.

Carroll might be the right player, but he's another one who's lifestyle is wrecking his career. I think I'd rather look elsewhere and remember the good times when he was here.

Carroll might be the right player, but he's another one who's lifestyle is wrecking his career. I think I'd rather look elsewhere and remember the good times when he was here.

I see that and I completely understand the logic but there's this part of me that would just love him to return and get back to his old form just because he's playing for Newcastle again. Doubt it however can't see Hippo Head giving up Carroll

It would but not sure Carroll is the right one, his inability to stay fit for 5 minutes at a time would greatly concern me.

I'd take Carroll back. Think he'll only really excel here, and it makes Pardew's football effective.

Why would you want Pardew's football to be effective? All that does is prolong the misery.

If there was some guarantee of Pardew's imminent dismissal I'd take Carroll in a second, though. He's pretty much exactly what our 11 needs.

I don't but last season has proved to me there is no way he'll get sacked basically.

There's no way he'd last long under the type of conditions he was subjected to against Cardiff. His position will just become more and more untenable with bad results to the point he'd no longer be physically safe at SJP. He's a coward. Eventually he'd quit.

I don't but last season has proved to me there is no way he'll get sacked basically.

There's no way he'd last long under the type of conditions he was subjected to against Cardiff. His position will just become more and more untenable with bad results to the point he'd no longer be physically safe at SJP. He's a coward. Eventually he'd quit.

Quitting and spinning it in the media would also be his best chance at getting another job especially if he could keep the NUFC PR machine onside.

Burnley want to stay in the league though, they'll not entertain bids for Ings - even though he's only got one year left. They won't get much better and he's worth more to them than any derisory fee we'd offer.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/389691/Newcastle-still-chasing-Sporting-Lisbon-star-Eric-Dier

Still?

Newcastle still chasing Sporting Lisbon star Eric Dier

NEWCASTLE still hope to add Sporting Lisbon's Eric Dier to their six summer recruits.

Published 19th July 2014

United chief scout Graham Carr is an admirer of the Cheltenham-born central defender, who moved to Portugal when he was seven.

But Newcastle are not prepared to pay the £5m fee demanded by hard-up Sporting for a stylish player who has made only 26 first team appearances.

Dier, 20, has played nearly as many games for England at various age groups, including five caps at under-21 level.

He moved to Portugal when his mother was offered a job at the 2004 European Championships.

When his parents returned to England, Dier stayed at Sporting's Academy and, at the age of 16, signed professional forms and became a regular their under-19s.

Dier was on loan for six months at Everton in 2011, then spent a season in Sporting's reserve team before making his senior debut 20 months ago.

Two years remain on his current contract and Sporting are keen to negotiate a new deal that would contain a £16m buy-out clause.

Meanwhile, teenage defender Lubomir Satka was the surprise name among the 23 Newcastle players who left for a tournament in New Zealand yesterday.

The 18-year-old Slovakian has been likened to United captain Fabricio Colccini by manager Alan Pardew, who gave Satka a long-term contract earlier this year.

Sakta, signed from Dubnica two years ago, was also among the substitutes for their final game of the season at Liverpool.

"Lubo is, for me, a player beyond his years - he's very calm," says Pardew.

"He's so level-headed and technically good. He's got a great chance for us. We've really got our fingers crossed for him."

Don't ever remember being linked with him...

Would love to dare dream we'd be linked with a highly-regarded young CB but not a chance.

I remember hearing we might be interest in him a little while ago, but apparently there was some disagreement (between people inside the club) on wether we should go after him or not.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/389691/Newcastle-still-chasing-Sporting-Lisbon-star-Eric-Dier

Still?

Newcastle still chasing Sporting Lisbon star Eric Dier

NEWCASTLE still hope to add Sporting Lisbon's Eric Dier to their six summer recruits.

Published 19th July 2014

United chief scout Graham Carr is an admirer of the Cheltenham-born central defender, who moved to Portugal when he was seven.

But Newcastle are not prepared to pay the £5m fee demanded by hard-up Sporting for a stylish player who has made only 26 first team appearances.

Dier, 20, has played nearly as many games for England at various age groups, including five caps at under-21 level.

He moved to Portugal when his mother was offered a job at the 2004 European Championships.

When his parents returned to England, Dier stayed at Sporting's Academy and, at the age of 16, signed professional forms and became a regular their under-19s.

Dier was on loan for six months at Everton in 2011, then spent a season in Sporting's reserve team before making his senior debut 20 months ago.

Two years remain on his current contract and Sporting are keen to negotiate a new deal that would contain a £16m buy-out clause.

Meanwhile, teenage defender Lubomir Satka was the surprise name among the 23 Newcastle players who left for a tournament in New Zealand yesterday.

The 18-year-old Slovakian has been likened to United captain Fabricio Colccini by manager Alan Pardew, who gave Satka a long-term contract earlier this year.

Sakta, signed from Dubnica two years ago, was also among the substitutes for their final game of the season at Liverpool.

"Lubo is, for me, a player beyond his years - he's very calm," says Pardew.

"He's so level-headed and technically good. He's got a great chance for us. We've really got our fingers crossed for him."

Don't ever remember being linked with him...

Would love to dare dream we'd be linked with a highly-regarded young CB but not a chance.

I remember hearing him say similar about Remi Streete, have they given up on him already?