NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A fit AC would improve us greatly, but that is where the problem lies. Fitness and why he's not worth buying at £15m.

:thup: No doubt.

Its all about this. I think he would be shine back here again with the crowd behind him and being back home. Danger is not having a minder for him and that troublesome injury spell.

He has had a bad run, but doesn't mean he will always be crocked. Not a risk I would want us to be taking at 15m. Plenty of other options out there surely.

Yeah, I can't see Colo letting him stay round his house if he gets in bother :lol:

Actually think he'd be a decent signing for us.  With Big Sho gone we don't have a big man option and with the football we play I think that'd be useful.

Think he'd shape up if we signed him tbh

Him and Nolan forgot to shape up when they were here previously. Why would they do it now under the same manager that sanctioned selling selling both pissheads off?

http://i.imgur.com/opawKCs.jpg

NEWCASTLE United have been linked with two forwards, while a host of big name Premier sides are also looking to strengthen their squads.

Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, 23, has agreed a move to Newcastle in principle, but the French club are demanding 20m Euros (£15.8m) for the international forward – BBC website

Has he?

My attitude is this: If there's any striker we want and the club in question wants 15+, i say pay 17 and get it done.

You're certain to agree a deal and in a lovely bonus erase Michael f*cking Owen from the record books, win win  :D

If there is even a hint of interest in Carroll on our part, it most certainly wouldn't be Carr advocating him. The biggest fan is Pardew and I certainly think he wants Carroll and Carroll would jump back here at the first opportunity of asking.

But what is saving us from this deal happening is the price West Ham would ask for and his wages which we would never agree to.

If fucking love a fit and injury free Carroll back. Hes a real presence and goal threat, once he has a run of games.

in this hypothetical scenario who in our team has the quality to find carroll effectively in the way barton used to do?  our long punts are aimless shit and no-one can put a cross in worth a fuck, though cabella looks like he has that in him

don't want a big man myself as we don't have the support (with the ball) to make it work

Think the Carroll who terrorised defences for us has gone unfortunately. Would be brilliant to have that version of Carroll but the injuries and lifestyle look to have taken something away.

The Carroll of old is type of striker that would fit nicely for us through the middle. Which is why I am surprised we are linked with Lacazette and Ings who both excel more in the #10 role. 

Hard to find someone in the Carroll mold though that wants to come here.

Janmaat and Sissoko can both put in some decent crosses.

i'm unconvinced about sissoko tbph but assuming that's true it assumes pardew is able to adopt a style that gets these players into crossing positions - when he had carroll last time barton was hitting pinpoint balls from deep which carroll was good enough to convert

if pardew wanted to have a game with wide players whipping in crosses you'd think he might have tried it during the 6 months he had luuk de jong in the team