HS2

Dave

Anyone else thinking this is a load of fucking horseshit? The major journeys already exist, why spend all that brass just to knock off 30mins? And why exactly would we want to encourage more investment in London (and less investment outside London) anyway?

Fact: will cost £50bn

Not fact: will generate more than £50bn

What a rubbish idea.

They'd better off spending a fraction of the money improving links to major airports as well as some of the Northern centres.

The fact is takes just as long to get from Manchester to Newcastle is a disgrace as is the clip of the train that ploughs that route.

Help the Northern cities become more prosperous, London is doing fine as it is without more roadsrails leading there.

Haven't looked massively as the ins/outs like.

£50bn is fuck all really, well considering a new metro line would cost hundreds of billions in comparison it's fairly cheap.

Go ahead I say.

Bollocks, I knew I'd missed something when I was writing the figure out. :lol:

London's already so fucking overcrowded. This is bollocks.

Property prices will continue to rise along the HS2 line too. Some fucking investor lobbyist probably bought lots of development sites along the line before it was announced. :lol:

Always seemed like an absolute waste of time since I first heard of it, fail to see how cutting a few journey times is worth it. Surely spending even a fraction on that upgrading what is already there or making it cheaper would be a far better investment.

London's already so fucking overcrowded. This is bollocks.

Property prices will continue to rise along the HS2 line too. Some fucking investor lobbyist probably bought lots of development sites along the line before it was announced. :lol:

It doesn't actually stop though does it? If you live halfway, I'm fairly sure you've got to go into London or Birmingham to use the fucking thing.

I like the idea of HS2 but 50bn is a lot of money when you consider the state of the existing infrastructure. £50bn would go a hell of a way in improving what we have already, bringing into modern day as well as future proofing the network.

I positively love the idea of a major rail infrastructure project but I'm losing faith in the HS2 plan.