Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United - 14/09/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Deuce
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think if we are positive we could get something here. Villa sill look a bit suspect at the back, I'd fancy Remy and Ben Arfa running at their fullbacks.

Guest neesy111

People talking about Villa here as if they're Borrusia Dortmund fuck sake.

Weren't so hot 8 months ago when we beat them 2-0 on their own manor.

It was 2-1.

Think it will be a narrow defeat tbh, can't see either team being streets ahead of the other. Easier game for them (sadly) than Chelsea and Liverpool, so can see them wanting to make a point that their win against Arsenal wasn't a fluke. Think our lot will still be deflated from the lack of signings. Going for a 2-1 loss.

But, but, but...

United signed just one senior player this summer, loanee Loic Remy, and the club’s lack of investment in the window angered fans.

But Newcastle manager Alan Pardew – who had wanted at least one more arrival in the summer – is adamant that dressing-room morale hasn’t been affected.ahead of the Aston Villa game.

;)

No chance he'll be starting Taylor IMO. MYM has been part of a defence that has kept 3 clean sheets in a row. Surely even Pardew isn't that moronic.

I'm thinking it's such an obvious choice to go with mym, therefore Taylor will start

Finding it hard to get myself up for this match after last night.  Will no doubt be okay come 3pm on Saturday tho.

Doesn't last night help? I would have thought it would bring a bit of positive buzz around the place.

It made reefatoon more depressed  :dontknow:

Guest reefatoon

Finding it hard to get myself up for this match after last night.  Will no doubt be okay come 3pm on Saturday tho.

Doesn't last night help? I would have thought it would bring a bit of positive buzz around the place.

It made reefatoon more depressed  :dontknow:

Exactly right. Last night had the opposite effect, it didn't help at all.  Just made me realise what a bunch of half hearted, mediocre arses with no character we have playing for us now.  They couldn't get anywhere near the players playing last night.  To be able to get that passion back from those days and players would be quality.

Would be ridiculous if Taylor is recalled.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pardew thinks he'll be better at combating Benteke.

That's because he might be.

As far as physical attributes go, probs Taylor and MYM would be our better combo. Colo is such a master at reading the game though it's crazy to think about omitting him. He doesn't anywhere near the pace or power to compete on that level with Villa's frontline but his brains should be enough.

Our midfield will need to be excellent on Saturday. If they can close Villa out it will force them to go long or down the flanks and we could be alright there. What i don't want to see is them just pinging it effortlessly through the middle like we're not even there.

Our midfield stays tight and competitive then i think we have a front 3 who can worry them.

Krul

Debuchy    Mbiwa    Colo      Santon

Cabaye          Anita

Sissoko

Ben Arfa        Cisse          Remy

Yeah boyeeeeeee!

Looks about right to me although Pards will probably go 442. Benteke's all round brilliance and especially his physicality is a worry against our smallest CB's. But then again so is Taylor's baffoon ish play though and Wilo's lack of pace. But three consecutive clean sheets means we should stick with the defence from Fulham.

Still not 100% sure if it should be Anita or Tiote. Yes if we can get a good foothold in the midfield those front three could really do some damage. Just hope Pardew plays HBA and Remy. Cisse will hopefully find his shooting boots at last in this game and should get more opportunities with HBA and Remy on the pitch. Sissoko and Cabaye look a very decent pairing in the center too.

I just as easily imagine Benteke destroying Saylor as I can him outdoing Mapou really.

MYM can defo match him for pace. Think Taylor would be more likely to get to a header tbh.

Don't know why he hasnt tried the 3 centre back with wing backs formation before. He should've maybe tried it at Citeh.Might work with Colo sweeping behind the other 2. :dontknow:

Anybody (and I'm talking about you toptoon) that suggests Tiote should start instead of Anita, hasn't been watching the shit he's produced for the last 18 months or has any understanding of how a modern midfield functions. And no we don't need a fucking tackle in there.